Okay so today was the first day of the rest of my life! Do you ever have those moments when you think to yourself, "it's never going to be the same after today"? After I dropped Sam and Perrin both off at Preschool I had that thought...and I LOVED IT! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, love hanging out with them, in short I love being a mom and it's my priority after being a great wife. But - seriously - I love having 2 mornings a week TO MYSELF!!!! It rocks. I found myself at a loss to some degree as I drove around Prescott deciding what I should do first. I decided to go hiking first so I made sure that happened. I went to a side of town that I hadn't really been to yet and I was so excited by what I saw. Huge pine trees, green undergrowth, wildflowers and single track. I hiked for an hour and a half or so and came across streams, tons of single track, a couple of other people and lots of gorg
eous wildflowers. I told Balin about it and he made a date with me f
or next Wednesday to go mountain biking during school - woohoo!! I am hoping to continue on my schedule of getting outside on a regular basis while the weather is still nice. Hopefully I can find some friends who would like to join me in my adventures, but if not I've got my Podcasts and I'm good to go.
So the kids first day of school was not without excitement. Perrin had a hard time getting to sleep the night befor
e as she wanted to go to school, "NOW! MOM!". I told her if she didn't go to sleep she couldn't go to school. Period. Reluctantly she followed orders only to wake up at 2am crying as she had to go to the bathroom. For those of you who don't know me very well, I REALLY don't like to get up in the middle of the night. I think we would have more kids if they didn't get up in the middle of the night. I seriously like my sleep and I seriously don't like those who disturb it. So, after a trip to the bathroom and a drink I sent Perrin back to bed and then tried to get back to sleep myself. I find that it's getting harder and harder to get back to sleep the older I get. And then....much to my annoyance....at 5:30am the dogs start whining for me to get up and feed them. If it's not the kids it's the dogs. Grrr.....
We did end the day with a wonderful dinner at my friend Anna & Dana's house. It was so great as the kids played for a couple of hours together without much interference from we parents. It is so nice when we can just drink a glass of wine, eat dinner and talk without having to deal with crying kids. It's also so nice when we all appreciate that fact and are thankful for the event. It seems to make the evening that much more special. Tomorrow we're headed to a MOPS meeting where I get to talk about Lifestyle evangelism and how to help people out in crisis. I'm looking forward to having a captive audience and hopefully I'll be able to give a interesting talk. So I best head to bed so I'm rested and ready! Till tomorrow!
Comments