Halloween Party

We were invited to Braden's 5th Birthday party. The kids had a great time playing on the trampoline, bouncing in the bounce house and riding the 4 wheelers. I think the most fun was had by just being with friends in the sunshine. Sam and his fellow super heroes. They had to be reminded to use their powers for good and not for evil as the ninja's little sister ran screaming when she saw them.

Perrin wanted to be Dora the Explorer this year. So I sewed her a pair of orange shorts 30 minutes before the party began, threw yellow socks and a pink shirt on her. The part that really made her look like Dora was the spray painted hair - unfortunately/fortunately black dye came off on hands, shirts, anything she rubbed against. It took 4 washings to get it out and I think she'll be a blond Dora for any events between now and Halloween.













Sam showed me that he can climb a fence. I didn't know he could do this until I walked out and saw him on top of the fence. My first response was, "Get down!" but then I said, "Get back up so I can take a picture". It seems to me that the best moments in life are when the limits are pushed not to far, but just to the point of being adventuresome.







I've been working on my deck project for a long time and it is finally finished. This is a picture of the final deck, though it's kind of hard to see that it's bench seating. There are also 4 flower boxes, 2 on each side, as you go up the deck. It's been wonderful to sit outside for lunch and be warmed by the fall sun. I'm looking forward to this winter as it will still be warm though it'll 40 outside. Lovin' it.

















































Comments