Having got through Christmas - err I mean having enjoyed Christmas - I thought I was on vacation until I remembered Perrin's birthday. Being that it is 2 days after Christmas, we thought it might be better if we made it totally about her. So I spent the 26th of December taking down the Christmas tree, decorations and any other random symbol of the holiday I could find. I then ran out to the store to find the perfect Dora gift - not that she didn't already get the motherload for Christmas, but that's what she wanted - Dora stuff.
Balin and I decided that we would let her have a little party this year with her friends, it was going to be a Dora party. So a week before we sent out Dora invitations and purchased Dora goody bags. The night before the party we set the table for her friends with a Dora table cloth, Dora plates, cups and napkins. She was in heaven. Perrin helped make her cupcakes, which she proudly topped with Dora figurines and lots of sprinkles. (Thanks Grandma of the Woods!) She was so excited and it showed.
The Magic School bus filled to capacity
Balin driving the Magic Schoolbus. Doesn't he look like he's having fun?
Balin with Faith and Perrin.
Here are the monkeys!
Sam making his way to the next display.
Balin and I decided that we would let her have a little party this year with her friends, it was going to be a Dora party. So a week before we sent out Dora invitations and purchased Dora goody bags. The night before the party we set the table for her friends with a Dora table cloth, Dora plates, cups and napkins. She was in heaven. Perrin helped make her cupcakes, which she proudly topped with Dora figurines and lots of sprinkles. (Thanks Grandma of the Woods!) She was so excited and it showed.
The Magic School bus filled to capacity
Balin driving the Magic Schoolbus. Doesn't he look like he's having fun?
Balin with Faith and Perrin.The next day we took the magic schoolbus (what we call Bob the suburban when we fill it with kids) and picked up all 4 of the guests. 3 girlfriends for Perrin and 1 boy for Sam. It was a wild car ride to the local zoo - it was like having a bunch of monkeys in the car already! We got to the zoo and the kids took off like it was a race. First the pigs, then the snakes, then, then, then. Balin and I had to corral and guide them through so we wouldn't lose anyone. It was fortunate in some ways that it was only 26 degrees out, as we were the only ones in the zoo. (yeah, what a surprise!) We spent an hour at the zoo and then took our animals home to feed and excercise them. The girls had their own lunch without supervision (I was in the next room) and they all thouroughly enjoyed Perrin's choice in dinnerware.
Here are the monkeys!
Sam making his way to the next display.After the kid party, the adult party started. My family decided to celebrate all birthdays that were remaining for the winter season on the 27th, at my house. It was fun, but for some reason it's always a little loud and crazy at our house with my family. Maybe it's because there are 2 middle schoolers, 3 preschoolers and 6 adults all talking at the same time. We had a nice party and Perrin loved opening all her gifts - thank you to all! Sam and Sophie were great as they helped her open her presents. Perrin got side tracked on the first present as it was another Dora doll that she didn't already own. Yikes. I think that makes 15 dolls. Maybe they'll start disappearing....

Bounce, bounce, bounceThe rest of our time has been spent playing on the trampoline, hanging outside (it's gorgeous here right now) and playing with all the new toys. The trampoline is by far the best gift we've gotten ourselves in a long time. The kids play on it for hours, wearing themselves out and sleeping good at naps and bedtime. Balin and I have also found it really enjoyable too as it's great excercise and a fun way to spend time with the kids. Yesterday the kids were on it and pretending it was a pirate ship. Very cool.
The trampoline works. Perrin fell asleep in the pantry next to the garbage! Yes!Tomorrow is the first day of our trip to Mexico. I think we're ready to go - but I"m sure I'll forget something. We're all really excited but a little nervous as we don't know what sort of adventure lies ahead of us. At least it will be warm - a nice 80 degrees reported in San Miguel currently! Woohoo! I love warm weather. I am hoping to update the blog regularly so check back and hopefully you'll find something new! Maybe even in spanish!
Ciao!
Comments