San Miguel de Allende Diaz 3

Eating a treat in El Centro. We're on our afternoon walk at 5pm.
A typical street in San Miguel.

Sam and Perrin need a break after walk 5 blocks.....and a treat.

Our maestra Socorro.

Balin in class.

Today was a great day for Balin and I. We are accustomed to our routines and are picking up Spanish at a rapid rate. It's been incredibly helpful to be with a host family as we're speaking and practicing what we learn at meal times and throughout the days. The kids love being at their house as they just want to play. Today was a perfect example of that as we had lunch around 1pm and then the kids played until 3pm. We all, minus Balin, laid down for a nap and slept until 5pm. We then headed out to the park and our late afternoon snack. We walked through a part of town that neither Balin nor I had seen and it was very beautiful. I guess it's where a lot of the expats live as they houses are pretty amazing. At dinner I asked Marina about it and she said it's pretty much impossible for Mexicans to purchase housing in San Miguel because of all the Americans that live here and pay high prices to be in town. It's kind of sad but it does make for beautiful architecture.

I tried going shopping on the way home from the park but the kids "wanted to go home". So I think I'm going to take an opportunity to go by myself this weekend and look around. I am hoping to continue my walking in the early morning here as I imagine it's gorgeous. Hopefully I can work on my photography while I'm at. I'm only concered that I'll get lost.....

Best go and do my homework...hasta manana.

Comments