(Balin read this before I was able to publish and has added commentary in parentheses)
Once we arrived on Cozumel, (by the way a direct flight is AWESOME! If you're lucky enough to be in Denver you should look into the flight!) we found our contact person and got a ride to the condo that we'll make home for the next two weeks. The condos are called Residencias Reef and are right on the San Francisco beach area. There are no peddlers on the beach and it's relatively quiet and serene. There are two pools here, an infinity and a zero entry (if you don't know what those are it's okay I don't either). The kids go back and forth between the pools and the beach, today it was the zero entry. For the amount of condos here, the place is relatively uncrowded. We pretty much had the pool to ourselves today and hence left our pool gear at a table where it remained until after naps - and Obama's speech. The condos themselves are quite large and I wouldn't be surprised if they were about the size of our home. We are in a second level, 3 bedroom unit which is quite nice. Since we're going to be here for 2 weeks I took the liberty to rearrange the furniture (I thought of you Sue L.) and brought in some lamps from the bedroom - just a little redecorating to make it feel more like home. I have to admit that sometimes I am tempted to throw caution to the wind and purchase one of these condos as there are many still vacant (but I say we can't afford it). I can't stand having white walls around me and such lifeless surroundings when there is so much color and vibrancy in the local environment. I shouldn't be complaining, but it's kind of hard for me to sit around here with nothing to do but read books, play with the kids and sit by the pool (oh yeah and take care of me). Last year when we were here I planned and ordered my garden while we sat by the pool. This year I'm reading "The Preschool Busy Book" - it's keeps me on the edge of my seat. I highly recommend it.
Well, I'm going to cut this blog short and get it posted. I'll write more tomorrow but tonight I'm not feeling very well.
Comments