Perrin, Stretch and Stanley on an adventure - fence climbing.
Kite flying in Northern Arizona is excellent in the spring - the wind is pretty steady all day.
Sam flying the 'Red Baron'.
The wind was so strong Sam was afraid he'd end up like Curious George and need a rescue via helicopter.Spring has definitely arrived here in Prescott Arizona, heralded by the constant wind. Even though the sun is out, it's chilly, which is a bummer. But, when life gives you wind, go fly a kite. Sam Perrin and I spent a nice afternoon jumping on the trampoline, kite flying and hanging out. It was a great way to spend a couple of hours with the kids...and dogs.
Stretch has turned into a faithful companion to both Perrin and I as she is part of "girl power". She doesn't really like men, but is definitely warming up to Sam, Balin and of course Jack and my dad. Every animal loves Jack and my dad. Buddy bit Peter and growled for years at him, but will let Jack do unthinkable things to him. Some people just have that immediate trust with animals.
Tonight we were going down for a piece of the best darn carrot cake in town (Firehouse Grill) and Perrin and Sam started talkin'. It started when Balin started talking about us peeing outside and it went down hill from there. Sam said something about Perrin pooping outside and Stretch eating it. We asked Perrin what that was about and she said she didn't poop outside, just outside the toilet as in right next to it. Perrin then told us how Stretch likes poop and even licked her poop off her butt. Yeah. Laugh or puke. We clearly explained why all of this isn't okay and why it's important to poop in the pot. I guess that's the natural progression when we all start peeing outside.
The rest of my days are spent cleaning the near acre we live on. I always think that more gardens are a good idea until about March. I am in the middle of cleaning all those gardens and applying the 5 yards of composted horse manure on those gardens. I keep saying to myself as I move the compost via bucket (too many levels and obstructions for a wheelbarrow) "Work now enjoy later with a marguerita". I think it's working as I'm well on my way to being half done. I've filled the truck twice and will probably fill it again with yard debris. Mark my words, "No New Gardens!"
The other exciting addition to our family.....is a worm composting bin. Yes, I know I've adopted worms before and I've killed them all but this time it will be different! I've made them a nice, warm and toasty home in my pantry. Yes, they're right next door to where all the action is so I won't forget about them. Don't worry they're in a worm house and it doesn't smell. They just eat and poop, eat and poop. I collect the poop and then give them more to eat. Our garbage can this week was only half full because of all the food we are recycling. Very cool.
I'm heading up Granite Mountain Friday and will try to take some pictures on the hike. It's a little cool for flowers around here but there should be some surface water flowing. Oh yeah, the most exciting event of my week is the Southwest Flower and Garden Show is this weekend in Glendale. I am going head down in the late morning, all by myself, peruse the show, go out for dinner/maybe a movie and pick up Balin at 8pm. (He's going to Austin Texas tomorrow for work.) I'm so looking forward to it and my kids are looking forward to spending the whole day with their favorite babysitter Megan. Ahhhh...sounds like a little piece of heaven.
Ciao for now.

Comments