Last Thursday started out just like any other day. I had meetings to go to, a play date to host and dinner to cook for my family and another family. (okay, so it was a busier day than most) Balin had asked me on Wednesday if I could get a babysitter for Thursday night so that he and I could go out for dinner, which fortunately wasn't all that unusual. When Balin came in for lunch he asked me if I had seen my present on my bed. I smiled and said, "Present????" He had gotten me a pedometer for keeping track of the miles I walk and a card declaring his love for me (love it) and that I should pack an overnight bag. An overnight bag? (Love it even more).
So I threw some clothes, toothbrush, books, magazines into a bag and started asking a million questions. "Where are we going? What about the kids? Why don't you have a bag?" He just smiled and said, "Don't worry about anything." We stopped at the store and picked up some chocolate and wine to go with the pizza we just ordered on our way to our final destination.
Our friends the Coffmans have a little "get-away" at their house which is a perfect retreat. It has a little sitting room, kitchen, bathroom and one heck of a luxurious bed. (Down comforter, a soft cushy feather bed, lots of pillows) We walked into a room that said "I love you" in so many ways; a flower arrangement, a lavender candle, a basket of goodies and a refrigerator stocked with everything for a yummy breakfast. Balin had taken care of all the details that morning. Balin said that he was joining me for dinner and then he was leaving me to have a night on my own. I was to relax, read, pray, eat the black licorice he got me and enjoy. He would pick me up in the morning at 9:30 in time to go to a friends Easter Brunch and egg hunt.
Balin and I enjoyed a wonderful 2 hours of talking and dreaming together as we finished off a whole bottle of wine. (good thing I wasn't driving anywhere) He then kissed me and said good-night. I promptly changed into my pajamas, lit the candle, opened the licorice, made a pot of tea, turned on the heater, wrapped myself in a blanket and read a totally yummy magazine. It was pure bliss. I finished the licorice right before I fell asleep, at 8:30 and crawled into bed.
I awoke at 6:00am fully refreshed and ready for my day. It was so wonderful to have 3.5 hours all to myself. I read some thought/soul provoking books & magazines, drank a huge pot of tea, ate breakfast and then headed out for a nice long, leisurely walk.
It was a perfect evening and morning, one that I would like to repeat in the near future. Next time I hope I can bring my best friend Balin.
So I threw some clothes, toothbrush, books, magazines into a bag and started asking a million questions. "Where are we going? What about the kids? Why don't you have a bag?" He just smiled and said, "Don't worry about anything." We stopped at the store and picked up some chocolate and wine to go with the pizza we just ordered on our way to our final destination.
Our friends the Coffmans have a little "get-away" at their house which is a perfect retreat. It has a little sitting room, kitchen, bathroom and one heck of a luxurious bed. (Down comforter, a soft cushy feather bed, lots of pillows) We walked into a room that said "I love you" in so many ways; a flower arrangement, a lavender candle, a basket of goodies and a refrigerator stocked with everything for a yummy breakfast. Balin had taken care of all the details that morning. Balin said that he was joining me for dinner and then he was leaving me to have a night on my own. I was to relax, read, pray, eat the black licorice he got me and enjoy. He would pick me up in the morning at 9:30 in time to go to a friends Easter Brunch and egg hunt.
Balin and I enjoyed a wonderful 2 hours of talking and dreaming together as we finished off a whole bottle of wine. (good thing I wasn't driving anywhere) He then kissed me and said good-night. I promptly changed into my pajamas, lit the candle, opened the licorice, made a pot of tea, turned on the heater, wrapped myself in a blanket and read a totally yummy magazine. It was pure bliss. I finished the licorice right before I fell asleep, at 8:30 and crawled into bed.
I awoke at 6:00am fully refreshed and ready for my day. It was so wonderful to have 3.5 hours all to myself. I read some thought/soul provoking books & magazines, drank a huge pot of tea, ate breakfast and then headed out for a nice long, leisurely walk.
It was a perfect evening and morning, one that I would like to repeat in the near future. Next time I hope I can bring my best friend Balin.
Comments