






I woke up this morning to Stanley's barking - it was 5:30am. Balin had already left for the gym at 4:35am, crazy guy. He and a couple of guys get together at the gym at 5:00am to do a program called Crossfit. It's kind of funny to see Balin lately, you can tell that he hasn't had much work to do as he's tan and totally ripped.
I don't know if it's because of kids or what, but once I wake up I can't go back to sleep. So with Stanley's barking I woke up and then headed out to play in my garden. The mornings are so beautiful here in Arizona - the light is spectacular. I love this time of year and the early mornings, it makes me feel so alive. Yum, yum, yum.
We went camping this past weekend to Dead Horse Ranch in Cottonwood along the Verde River. It was gorgeous, hot at 100 degrees, but gorgeous none the less. Penny the wonder-trailer is the best and both Balin and I so happy we bought her. With the weather being so hot it was great to have air conditioning as we spent a couple hours just having quiet time coloring, reading books, playing legos. It was delightful.
Sunday we came home, cleaned up Penny in 30 minutes flat and then headed to the Lewis (my sister) Resort for swimming and snacks. It was awesome as the little kids played and played and played. After swimming Sophie came over for a couple of hours and had dinner with us. What a great way to spend the day! The whole weekend was so life giving. Balin and I are truly blessed.
Meanwhile, laundry awaits, the kitchen needs cleaning and dinner needs to be made. But when I look at these seemingly mundane activities in light of the rest of our activities, I am encouraged and do them with a light heart.
Comments