Camping in Williams

In a word I'm TIRED. What is it that makes me so tired? Kids, camping, the garden, husband, dogs. We headed up to Williams on Friday to do a little camping with my parents, niece Sophie, Balin and the kids. The first campground we chose was full by 3:00pm and so we ended up going to Dogtown lake up past the Young Life camp in Williams. It's a great campground, though it's not paved which makes it pretty stinkin' dusty. We took the ATV with us, the one that seats 6, and went out on it twice. Did I mention that it's dusty? Balin and I agreed that we are not ATVers - too dusty. My parents brought their motorhome while Balin and I slept in the tent. I don't know if any of you remember the Nikken pads that have magnets in them, but we have found a new use for them; the mats are now our official camping mats. We use them in the camper and in the tent and we sleep like babies!!! We laid awake thinking about how we could fashion on to take with us backpacking - they're pretty big so it might take some serious thought.

Williams elevation is at 7400', which is pretty high if you've got congestive heart failure amoungst other heart problems like my dad. He found it really hard to breathe and couldn't do much. I felt really bad for him 'cause my whole life he's been so active. He's definitely the adventure guy in our family so to sit and watch I'm sure is hard on him. Balin and I discussed what things can we do that would included my dad, at least allow for him to watch. We'll try to incorporate some of those activities in the future.

The kids are both now in the bath - separate baths. They were up every night past 9pm and up by 7am and they are both tired and cranky. They ate lots of popsicles, jelly bellys and other treats Grandma had. Now the payback. It's only 6:15pm but Balin and I agree they are ready for bed. So are we.

Comments