"I could live here, or here, or here, or here....."

Our hotel for our Denver roadtrip. We took the Jetta this time thinking we would be saving money on gas, but since we had to rent a car so that we could all fit on our sight seeing excursions, we should have just brought the suburban. If we had brought the suburban we could've brought our thick, cushiony sleeping pads. Thermarests are fine for backpacking but dang if you can't feel the ground beneath you. Maybe my age is catching up to me.
The kids were busy making a bug hotel complete with wild daisies for decoration. Perrin's funny as she wears her helmet everywhere she goes, if there's any chance she might be getting on her bike within the next hour. At least she looks good in a helmet.

So, yeah it's vistas like these that make me break out in "Rocky Mountain High" even though these are not the rockies. I asked around Denver and Durango what the growing season was like...a short 3 months with the rest of the time being stinkin' cold. Sorry Denver friends, I'm not sure I can afford going to Mexico for that long every year. I'm a wimp, I know.


It was so great to have lunch outside everyday. There was something really freeing in being able to pull of the road and have lunch ready in the back. Granted Balin had to pull out two bikes, 8 plants (I can't resist a little somethin' at the nursery) two helmets just to get to the cooler. Another reason to bring the suburban. But hey - we got great - acutally okay gas mileage.


Perrin stretchin after being in the car for 4 movies and books on tape. A girl can only take so much.


Poor Balin - most places we go I make the comment, "I could live here". He used to say, "What's wrong with Prescott? What's wrong with our house?" Now he just says, "Yeah it's nice isn't it." He's so patient with me. I have this insatiable wanderbug in my soul. I swear if it wasn't for gardening, I'd be hard pressed to live in the same house/town for two years in a row. Fortunately for Balin (and my friends and family) I like to see my works of art (gardens) come to fruition. Heck if I was to move now I wouldn't see the grapes I planted hang down from the pergola as we're sitting to eat breakfast outside. Nor would I be able to bring my friends bouquets of flowers from my garden - it would take years to get to where I am today and I don't think my friends are that patient. (Not to mention my hubby.) So I am on the path of learning to be where I am and be joyfully content in that space. I'm truly a piece of work I tell you....

Comments