Sam. He was born the 23rd of July at 4:01pm. It was a hot day in Bellevue that day. To be honest, I was glad to go into a cool, air-conditioned hospital and escape the heat. Once I got there though it was not a pain-free journey. I don't think I had ever experienced a more painful situation. I know, duh, childbearing/rearing is our curse and it's gonna be painful. But really.
Everyone says, "Oh, but it's worth it" and I have to say I agree. Thank you Jesus for the easy child Sam has been. He's truly worth everything and so much more. Balin and I just sit in wonder at what a cute kid he is, odd sometimes, but those are the things that make him so adorable. I remember someone (a family member so it didn't bug me) once told me when he was about 2, "He's kind of.....challenged". He was just so awkward in everything, but oh so cute.
So the awkwardness continues but it looks different these days. He was dancing with the girls last night (Perrin & Sophie) and looked like the white boy that he is. (Maybe we'll put him in dance lessons.) He learned how to ride his bike without training wheels yesterday - he was so proud of himself and started to show off and not paying attention. He ended up in the cactus. A little awkward. Sometimes he gets so excited he doesn't know what to do with himself. Last night right before dinner while our dinner guests were milling around (11 of us), Sam went up to Peter and just hit him. He was just so excited. But it was a little awkward. Cute kid.
Thank you family for loving Sam and sending him presents. He loved every single 20 lego sets that were sent. We're looking forward to building them today, tomorrow, the next day.....
In Sam's 5th year we're looking forward to a couple of things: another year of Preschool (5 days a week....yikes). Another year of being best friends with his sister. (Those days are limited I know) A year of being independent, but at the same time wanting to be near his mom and dad. Oh and all the adventures my little traveler wants to partake in. Yes. It should be a good year.
Comments