So, about 2 years ago I signed up for a subscription service for meal planning. I met the owners at the MOPS convention and thought I would support them. Little did I know it would change my life.
You see, for years cooking dinner seemed like a "have to" instead of "can't wait to cook dinner tonight". (Who looks forward to cooking dinner after taking care of children or working all day?)In fact, it was a source of arguments for Balin and I because he would come in from work and say innocently, "What's for dinner honey?" I would immediately get defensive and say, "I don't know, what are you cooking?". Not exactly the recipe for a great evening and if persists long enough, it tends to become an issue in the marriage. So when I started doing Relish I was in a place where things could only get better. (At that point I had 2 kids in diapers and a husband who worked long, long hours)
Here's the deal with Relish: you pay $7/month and each week you get a new menu to pick from for dinners. Each entree includes a side dish and can be prepared in 30 minutes or less. That's right - 30 minutes. So on Monday morning I would log onto www.relishrelish.com and pick out my 5 meals for the week. They would print me out a complete grocery list, I would add a few of our staple items to the list and head to the store. I could/can get out of the store in 30 minutes with 2 kids and 5 dinners planned and ready to go. That alone is worth $7/month. Heck, that's just two latte's a month.
The other great thing about Relish is the plethera of other menu ideas and items they list. You can plan a picnic as I did for an outdoor movie night. You can get a list of 5 freezer meals so that you always have a dinner ready to go even if you're not up to cooking. They have coctail menus, seasonal sides, Holiday party menus and the list goes on.
The real test has been my husband and his response to my Relish cooking. He loves it. He comes in from work and dinner is 5 minutes from being on the table. He and I both have become something of food snobs as we believe that food should look delicious, smell delicious and taste even better. 90% of the meals I cook with Relish are just that. Balin loves Relish so much he has given out 3 month subscriptions to clients. If you asked him he would say it has improved our marriage and relationship 10 fold.
I've found not only do I look forward to cooking dinner but I've actually become quite a good chef. My friends, family and children thank you Relish.
www.relishrelish.com
Comments