I'm tired. I feel like I'm always tired. I guess I'm not tired from 6am-12 noon but after that it's kind of a down hill slide. I'm not sure if it's my age, the age of my children, my husband being out of town, or my thyroid. (I'm getting that checked as well as arthritis this week - hope to get the results back soon.) But I'm tired. I seriously don't know how I lived through the kids first 3 years of life. Two weeks before Perrin arrived Balin came home from working out of town but left two weeks after she was born - last year he was out of town 175 days. This year he's only been gone 3 weeks - 4 if you count this recent trip to Columbia. I think I'm just out of shape for taking care of the kids by myself. It's been a wonderful 7 months of having him home, albeit not working much, but home.
For those of you concerned (Susie), Balin is safe and well in Columbia. I hear daily from him via email and he's called a couple of times. It's kind of funny to talk on the phone as we don't really talk much. When you're on different continents, the mundane daily activities seem non-worthy of conversation - so we catch up via emails. I can then go on and on about every little thing that happened in the day, including my thoughts. It's a great way for us to stay in tune with one-another.
Meanwhile, back at home the kids have been busy with play dates, sleepovers (cousin Sophie spent the night - it was a great time) and getting ready for school. Sam announces the countdown first thing in the morning. Currently he has 4 days until school starts and Perrin has 5. Tomorrow we go to meet their teachers at school and then my dear friend Anna is going to take my kids to the park for lunch. It's been so fun lately to swap kids with friends. It's getting easier for the kids to have friends over or for them to go to friends houses. Thinking back for those first couple of years without play dates (That is play dates without parents having to be there), babysitters or school it all seems so difficult. (Thank you sister Sue, mom & dad for all your endless help and encouragement!)
So though I am tired (is 7:41 too early to go to bed?) it's a good tired. But I'm seriously ready for bed.
For those of you concerned (Susie), Balin is safe and well in Columbia. I hear daily from him via email and he's called a couple of times. It's kind of funny to talk on the phone as we don't really talk much. When you're on different continents, the mundane daily activities seem non-worthy of conversation - so we catch up via emails. I can then go on and on about every little thing that happened in the day, including my thoughts. It's a great way for us to stay in tune with one-another.
Meanwhile, back at home the kids have been busy with play dates, sleepovers (cousin Sophie spent the night - it was a great time) and getting ready for school. Sam announces the countdown first thing in the morning. Currently he has 4 days until school starts and Perrin has 5. Tomorrow we go to meet their teachers at school and then my dear friend Anna is going to take my kids to the park for lunch. It's been so fun lately to swap kids with friends. It's getting easier for the kids to have friends over or for them to go to friends houses. Thinking back for those first couple of years without play dates (That is play dates without parents having to be there), babysitters or school it all seems so difficult. (Thank you sister Sue, mom & dad for all your endless help and encouragement!)
So though I am tired (is 7:41 too early to go to bed?) it's a good tired. But I'm seriously ready for bed.
Comments