Happy Anniversary to me


Mr. Terantula is now hanging out in the next door neighbors yard.




The flower boxes on my deck and the amazing Crape Myrtle!

Balin and I celebrated our 10th anniversary this weekend at a beautiful resort down in Phoenix. Balin was returning from a work trip (yes!!!) in Spokane so I dropped the kids off with my sister/mom and headed down to Phoenix about 8am Friday morning. I found my way to Whole Foods, just to look, and an amazing container store. (I am really becoming a small town girl when I ooh and awe over a container/storage store) I then grabbed my book and headed to the airport's Starbucks and waited for my honey to show.

He came in at noon and we headed off to a wonderful lunch at Brio in Scottsdale. The food was yummy, the company sweet and the conversation encouraging since Balin was excited with potential work. After lunch we headed to the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Resort which is really beautiful. We dropped our bags and made a launch for the bed...and took a long, yummy nap. We got up at 5pm, headed to the pool and then went to dinner around 7pm. We hung out that evening in the gorgeous weather (I think I could live in Phoenix area) and turned in about 10pm. The next day we had a yummy breakfast and then headed to the pool. I told Balin at breakfast that I really, really like having breakfast in a hotel as a sit down meal. I love to have people ask me, "Coffee? What else can I bring you?" It is such a nice way to wake up, start the morning and simply enjoy life. Contrast that to getting a muffin and a coffee at Starbucks and so much is lost. I'm not even going to comment on breakfast at home with the kids....enough said.
We got home to some pretty cranky, tired kids. See, the night before, Thursday, I told the kids they could sleep outside with me. Peter their cousin asked them if they weren't scared of the coyotes and mountain lions (thanks Pete), which of course made them scared. So they ended up sleeping in the shop (we converted a garage to a very nice recreation room) and I slept outside under the stars. It was so beautiful to sleep outside under the big canopy of stars. The only draw back was Stanley and Stretch, who thought I wanted to sleep with them. They get up way to early for my tastes.
So when my mom got them Friday afternoon, they were already tired. By the time I got them Saturday, they were really, really tired as they had a great sleep over at Grandma's with cousin Sophie. They were able to keep it together until about 3:30 and then they crashed until 7pm. Fortunately for us they were able to head right back to bed around 8:30.
Today the excitement was over a couple of things. First, Sam jumped off the diving board all by himself and swam to shore. Perrin swam the short length of the pool without any help or floatation device. Sam went off a jump on his bike and...we saw a terantula in the flower garden. So much excitement in one day helped the kids fall asleep by 7pm tonight, which is why I have the time to write this blog. Whew! It was a good day but I'm ready to head to bed!

Comments