I saw fir trees, wild geranium, ferns...all in Arizona!

Sam and Balin fishin'.
Anna and Dana Devito.

The girls are trying to put my seat out to sea.


Fishin' on my log, before it got pushed out to sea.



The Mogollon rim - a fire started by lightening.

Perrin in the meadow.

Sam and Perrin walking across a huge oak tree.

Faith DeVito walking the line.



I can't tell you how I marveled at the beauty of this weekend. We went with our friends, Anna & Dana Devito (plus Faith & Casey) to a campground near Payson, Arizona. OMGosh! I saw Doug Firs, the state tree of Washington, 3 different varieties of geranium species, wild asters, ferns, a lot of ferns and gorgeous fir trees. I was in heaven. Where we stayed was right next to a gorgeous meadow of grass and flowers. I laid a tablecloth in the middle of the meadow and the kids ran out to make a "house" in the meadow. It was dreamy.

The camping was a little funny as the poor burb has a hard time pulling the trailer in 100 degree heat and up a big hill. We made it though going 25mph - semi's were passing us. Hence we decided instead of heading all the way on a 29 mile dirt road, that we would rather pick a campground significantly closer to the hwy - like 6 miles. Anna and the kids were with us and Dana was going to drive a little later since he had to work. A little later turned out to be 9pm since he missed the turn off and went a different way - to our original campsite 29 miles away. We were able to catch him via phone and tell him...we changed our minds in where we wanted to camp. Sorry. He was in fine humor when he met up with us but was pretty hungry since he had missed dinner.
The next day we headed out to the lake as the kids really wanted to go fishing. The Strickler's of Arizona are not fishers....we caught nothing but: 1 crawdad, one little boy named Sam (uh, yeah that was me and the Sam fish was NOT happy) and a piece of trash that was floating about.
The rest of the weekend was spent playing, riding bikes and enjoying each other's company. Ahhh camping.

Comments