On a lighter note.....

My road biking roads. Ahhhh....
Much to my surprise, a field of crape myrtle's along my biking path. I'd like to visit these greenhouses so I can start to design my own greenhouse.

Green pastures and a beautiful skyline.


With the kids being in school (P 3 days and Sam 5 days) I've been finding the time to do a little self preservation. This morning I took a couple of hours to go mountain biking across the street. It was so stunning, peaceful and life giving to me. I'm looking forward to the ensuing weeks where I can go biking for a couple of hours 3 days a week. Tomorrow starts our spanish lessons for Balin and I. We are taking 10 weeks, 2 hours on Wednesdays and hoping that with our previous exposure in San Miguel, we'll start to see some sentence structure and conversation.
Today my dad is getting surgery on his heart, for the second time. It's called ablation and it's where the surgeon cauterizes spots on dad's heart that are flaring up, causing his heart to arrest. Yuck. I hate that dad's health is not doing well. I think we're all hoping this will fix it for a while, though I think we know it's a band-aid and not a cure. Meanwhile, dad said he didn't want to just lie in bed and wait to die, so we're taking him on an adventure. Friday we're packing our bags and heading to Scottsdale's Westin Kierland resort to play in the pools and hang out in Scottsdale. Sue and her family are coming too for a night and we're all looking forward to it. My mother is starting her own adventure as she takes the Sportsmobile up to Happy Camp, CA to mine the river there. (Sorry Ryan and Rachel - I heard you can't dredge the river anymore, much to my mother's disappointment.)
That said, it should be an enjoyable week here in Arizona. Stay tuned for pictures.

Comments