Downside of kids in preschool

So I got a NASTY bug on Monday and on Tuesday it knocked me down. I was in tears as I felt so crappy, but at least I got to watch all sorts of random T.V. and movies. (They didn't make me feel any better, just pathetic for having to watch them.) Thankfully I was only down for two days as Balin was not exactly the best with taking care of the kids. Basically the kids were to play in the house and if they got out of control I was to call him out of the office and he'd take care of them. Hence, they spent a bit of time watching movies and playing outside. They did really great though and didn't bug me at all and Balin only had to be called a couple of times to change movies. I am very thankful that Balin wasn't out of town as it would've been really difficult on my own.

Mom's got her hands full lately as my dad's health has taken a bit of a turn for the worse. After returning from NYC he seems to have lost a lot of energy and ability. My mom has turned her attention to helping him get better, which has taken a lot of her time and energy. I have to say though that she is an amazing and competent nurse. If I ever get sick I want her on my suppport team. She knows where to find information, understands the information and then does something with the information. Amazing. Thanks for being there mom, you're the best.

Fall has hit here in Northern Arizona with freezing tempertures. I think yesterday the low was in the 20's and the high was maybe in the 40's. Brrr....I have to say that I'm freezing. I have no plans for heading to warmer temperatures at this point, though Balin has plans to head to Columbia again and hopefully Argentina. Lucky fellow. Maybe we'll be able to go to the Phoenix zoo for the day where hopefully it's a little warmer.

Halloween is this weekend and the kids are looking forward to getting a stash of candy. Sam is going to be Spiderman again and Perrin is going to be a Princess. It's great because both of them are happy to look in their closets and pick, in particular Perrin, a costume and put it on. Done. Love my low maintenance children, at least when it comes to Halloween. We're heading to Mt. Vernon street in downtown Prescott that is a Halloween Meca. I'll try to take some pictures or video because it's quite a spectacle. Then we're heading to Mac and Moses' house for dinner and wine with our good friends the Hammons. We're hoping this becomes an annual tradition.

Sam has become a huge fan of Bear Grylls of Man vs. Wild. He is fascinated with survival and outdoor activity. Last night I asked him if he would like a real backpacking backpack for Christmas and his eyes lit up and he said, "YES!". I felt a glimmer of excitement that we might be able to start backpacking with our kids on overnighters! Woohoo! We'd have to figure out what to do with Pepe as she's not quite there yet, but Sam's ready to go. Yes!

I'll post pictures of our weekend adventures soon.....

Comments