Grandma got her hands wet today as she dove into the daily activities of the Strickler family. I started the day with an early morning wake up call from Balin at 6am saying, "I thought you wanted to go to your friend's garage sale this morning". Yikes. Who goes to a garage sale at 6:00am? So I put on my jogging shoes and ran to my girlfriends house who was having the garage sale. Eureka! I found gold there! I loaded up on 4 bags of amazing girl clothes that are amazing - all for a really good price. I was so excited at my finds it was like I was shopping for myself. I have to admit that I love a good deal and can't stand paying full price for an item. So getting a year's supply of clothes for Perrin at a fraction of the cost made my morning.
From there I headed home where Grandma had already had her Kahlua and coffee (she's on vacation after all) and we got ourselves and the kids ready for school. Grandma was excited to come and see Sam and Perrin in their classrooms and the kids were excited to show Grandma. Grandma went to Sam's classroom first and helped him paint an assignment he had missed the previous day. She hung out with Sam for a couple of minutes and then headed to Perrin's room where they were having circle time. Perrin was sitting right next to her teacher and by the look on Grandma's face you could see that all the pain and trouble the boys gave her through the years was worth it in these few minutes. It warmed her heart to see her grandkids sit in a circle much like the one she's taught in for the last 25 years. (She's a kindergarten teacher)
After we dropped the kids off at school, Susie and I went to meet a dear friend of mine for coffee. We had a nice chat and saw a bunch of friends at the local coffee shop. From there we walked downtown and meandered through the various shops Prescott has to offer. We ended up at Balin's and my favorite restaurant, Sweettarts, only to find that it had been shut down. UGH! So we headed off to the Raven, the next best restaurant, where we had lunch. My sister showed up with a friend to have lunch there and we had a nice little chat before we headed out to pick up the kids.
After school, Grandma treated us all to Toy Story 3D where I tried to take a nap, with no success. (I didn't realize how many times the word Stupid was used until Perrin pointed it out to me and thus interrupted my nap.) We had a leisurely afternoon, with Mojitos and dinner, followed by a couple of hours sitting by the fire outside telling, "Do you remember when" stories. It was a lovely day and evening but now it's time for bed.
Comments