I can put video on my blog! (yeah, but not today!)

So this feature has been here for probably ever but I just found it! The video button! Balin and I purchased a flip video camera this weekend and now, watch out! You'll get the day by day play of the Strickler family (minus me as I'm always the one taking the video!) in action! So here we go...

Today our day started out beautifully with Saturday morning cartoons! I remember Saturday being the best day in the week because we got to watch cartoons for hours in our basement in Spokane. It was cozy and dark in the basement, just like a cave. We would take our bowls of cereal downstairs with our favorite blankets and camp out for a couple hours! I loved it and now as a parent I bet my parents loved Saturday mornings too. 6am Sam was ready to play with Grandma, but I thought it would be best for her to be able to sleep a little longer so on came Peep and friends. Perrin woke up shortly afterwards (she woke up in the middle of the night and wanted to sleep in our room) and the first thing out of her mouth was, "Y...M...C....A". Funny. So I told her she could go sit on the couch and watch cartoons with her brother. She was gone in 2 seconds.

Next, Grandma got up and I made her a yummy kalua latte and then I went back to bed and snuggled Balin. It's so nice to have him around these days. Let's see, he's been gone maybe a month this whole summer. It's been just great. I don't think I could get enough of him. After our snuggle, he and I went into the kitchen to make the best pancakes ever! They have shredded apple and cinammon in them and they're so good! After our filling breakfast we headed off with the dogs, Sam and his bike, Perrin in the jogging stroller, Grandma, Balin and I to the trailhead across the street. We hiked to our usual playground of rocks and frolicked along the trail. This time instead of just staying on top of the rocks though, we spotted water down below so we bouldered our way down to the remaining water hole. Grandma stayed up top and waited for us as the kids climbed and climbed and climbed. Down at the water hole we found tons of frogs, little bitty guys in all stages of development. Sam caught a few, played with them and then just as it was time to go, fell into the "cold, cold, COOOOOOOOOLD" water and started crying. So we brushed off, wrung ourselves out and got back to climbing up to Grandma. Sam did a great job climbing and then riding his bike down the gravel trail. Both he and Perrin did an excellent job bouldering and adventuring.

Post hike we had a nice lunch and then some much needed quiet time. Unfortunately the kids did not participate in quiet time so it didn't last as long as hoped for the rest of the family. I fell quickly asleep while the rest of the gang headed out to Target and the store. I love quiet time...all by myself.

Comments