Life's just happening...

No pictures tonight. I don't know if I've taken any recently that merrit being put into blogville. Lately I have been reading blogs on how to take better pictures. I'm inspired but find myself hesitating to get out there and take pictures. I don't know why since it's a gorgeous fall in Prescott. Maybe next week.

This weekend my mother-in-law is visiting and we're enjoying her very much. The kids are so excited to have their Grandma here, it's been fun to watch. They dragged her into Sam's room, and much like they do to Stanley and Stretch, they held her captive in there for hours. Finally I asked Grandma if she would like to take a little sleep while the kids watched a movie and she whole heartedly agreed. Poor Grandma. I don't think this weekend will be very restful for her.

Speaking of this weekend, I have no agenda and it feels great. We'll do whatever we do and that will be just fine. Most of the time I don't like to operate this way, I like to have a plan. But this year it's been so nice to not have any obligations that I have to fulfill so I'm more able to just be. It's so nice. I know it's not forever, but I'm going to enjoy this season of just being. Yum.

Not much else is happening around the Strickler household. Stretch got her leg shut in the door today. She's been limping around sucking up the extra attention she's been getting. She really is a sweet dog and as a friend said recently, give a dog 2 years and it'll be a good dog. I hope so. I'm tired of her chewing things. The other day she got up on the table and chewed a basket I had hydrangeas in. So annoying.

Spanish is going well for Balin and I. We have a couple more weeks left in our original 10 weeks and I think I'm going to keep going with it. I love learning this language and I love having a private lesson. I think we're learning so much faster because of it. I'm thinking of trying the kids out in Spanish once a week for an hour or so. They seem to want to talk in spanish and are asking what every word is in spanish. It's a great time for them to learn and heck maybe we'll head south so that we can practice. :)

Best go to bed as this weekend our neighborhood is holding a community garage sale and it starts at 6am. Balin is hoping to find some lapidary tools as he wants to start "turning wood" and making pens. It'd be a great hobby for him as he really doesn't have any hobbies - kind of a strange hobby but at least the product is cool.

Hasta pronto!

Comments