Nothing really exciting to post tonight - just thought I would get a few moments of life down on blog before I forget them. I have to say that I blog just as much for myself as I do for anyone else as it's kind of like a journal of what I do, what the kids say or do...I don't want to forget life, my life, my kids' lives. So I blog.
Let's see, the past couple of weeks have been scooting along quite nicely. A few things to note: my dad's home from the hospital and getting around quite nicely, though he does need to be careful that he doesn't over do anything. My mom and sister went to band concert for Jack the other night and I guess my dad wasn't feeling so great. So Sue called me and asked me to go over to dad's, which I did. We just sat on the couch and watched a movie for an hour or so. He seemed to be doing better so I woke myself up and headed home. It was nice to just hang out together. Last night I made spaghetti and invited the parents over for dinner. They came and we had a lovely time and then dad stayed to watch a family movie with us. I've been getting kid-friendly, but not kid movies, for our family to watch together once a week. Now that it's dark so early, the kids love to have a fire, snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie together. Dad enjoyed watching/sleeping through the movie too, as did the three dogs he had touching him the whole evening.
Yesterday I had kind of a busy day. It made me think that this is what the rest of the moms I know suffer through every day. It started with cooking a hot breakfast and sitting as a family eating it. Then I made the kids' lunches and made sure they got themselves ready for school. I then took a shower and got ready. We picked up Gentry for school, dropped kids off, ran errands, had spanish lessons for 2 hours, picked up the kids and took them to spanish lessons for an hour, stopped by the store for dinner and then got home by 3:30. Parents came over at 5 and everyone was in bed by 8. Whew! For those who don't know me well, that was a big day for me.
Today, in contrast, was more my speed. Balin and I slept in until 6:45, when the kids woke us up. I asked Sam if he wanted a stay at home day and he made a funny face and said, "YES!!!"
with his outside voice. Yikes. We all putzed around playing, the kids outside and me in the kid's bathroom painting. Balin put up wainscoting last week and I got the cupboards painted and the walls. It's very charming in there, great for the kids huh. I do love creating beautiful spaces and i think the bathroom might be my favorite indoor space yet. (Until Sam pees all over the toilet, then it might get crossed off the list.) We had lunch and then the kids went to Grandma's for a little while while I went grocery shopping. It is so much fun to be alone in the car, listening to U2 and having the windows down and the sunroof open. Ahhhhh.....one of life's many sweet moments.
Another sweet moment tonight was when Perrin wouldn't eat her dinner (we had stir fry and rice - I don't blame her) and Balin sent her to her room. She was in there a moment when she came out and said, "Just so you know Dad, I peed my pants." in kind of a "there" attitude voice. I couldn't help but laugh. She is such the drama girl. She came out soon after and finished her dinner and then we sat on the couch and wrestled/tickled each other. I need to replace the rug in our living room (that Stretch chewed) because wrestling on the couch or on the tile floor just doesn't work. We need some space to really crawl on each other.
The other exciting thing is that we sold our Suburban and truck. Woohoo. That was easy. We think there might be a person interested in our Jetta, but we'll see. If the Jetta's gone - we best get a new car!!! Woohoo. So I got thinking about cars - just a little this past week - and I called the Volkswagen dealer in Phoenix and asked about the 2010 Jettas. The report got me excited. The new Jettas are actually the size of the Passat wagons. They are a clean diesel and they claim to have the best emissions, better than a Toyota Prius, and better gas mileage. They are getting results back in the 60 mpg range, but that seems pretty high. I am getting 40 in town in my Jetta, which is pretty good. So the plan is if someone wants to buy the Jetta we have, we can purchase the new Jetta with the money from the 3 cars we sold. That's the part Balin likes. But, if we don't sell the Jetta we're totally happy driving her as we put a lot of miles on her as the primary car.
Anyhoo...I best put my guitar away and get ready for bed. I've been trying to play regularly on the guitar and it seems to be happening. The other day Perrin and I made up a song together - not such a good song, but it was fun to sing together.
Sorry for the lack of pictures. The kids have a Thanksgiving show and pie social tomorrow so I'll be sure to post some pictures from that. Peace -
Let's see, the past couple of weeks have been scooting along quite nicely. A few things to note: my dad's home from the hospital and getting around quite nicely, though he does need to be careful that he doesn't over do anything. My mom and sister went to band concert for Jack the other night and I guess my dad wasn't feeling so great. So Sue called me and asked me to go over to dad's, which I did. We just sat on the couch and watched a movie for an hour or so. He seemed to be doing better so I woke myself up and headed home. It was nice to just hang out together. Last night I made spaghetti and invited the parents over for dinner. They came and we had a lovely time and then dad stayed to watch a family movie with us. I've been getting kid-friendly, but not kid movies, for our family to watch together once a week. Now that it's dark so early, the kids love to have a fire, snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie together. Dad enjoyed watching/sleeping through the movie too, as did the three dogs he had touching him the whole evening.
Yesterday I had kind of a busy day. It made me think that this is what the rest of the moms I know suffer through every day. It started with cooking a hot breakfast and sitting as a family eating it. Then I made the kids' lunches and made sure they got themselves ready for school. I then took a shower and got ready. We picked up Gentry for school, dropped kids off, ran errands, had spanish lessons for 2 hours, picked up the kids and took them to spanish lessons for an hour, stopped by the store for dinner and then got home by 3:30. Parents came over at 5 and everyone was in bed by 8. Whew! For those who don't know me well, that was a big day for me.
Today, in contrast, was more my speed. Balin and I slept in until 6:45, when the kids woke us up. I asked Sam if he wanted a stay at home day and he made a funny face and said, "YES!!!"
with his outside voice. Yikes. We all putzed around playing, the kids outside and me in the kid's bathroom painting. Balin put up wainscoting last week and I got the cupboards painted and the walls. It's very charming in there, great for the kids huh. I do love creating beautiful spaces and i think the bathroom might be my favorite indoor space yet. (Until Sam pees all over the toilet, then it might get crossed off the list.) We had lunch and then the kids went to Grandma's for a little while while I went grocery shopping. It is so much fun to be alone in the car, listening to U2 and having the windows down and the sunroof open. Ahhhhh.....one of life's many sweet moments.
Another sweet moment tonight was when Perrin wouldn't eat her dinner (we had stir fry and rice - I don't blame her) and Balin sent her to her room. She was in there a moment when she came out and said, "Just so you know Dad, I peed my pants." in kind of a "there" attitude voice. I couldn't help but laugh. She is such the drama girl. She came out soon after and finished her dinner and then we sat on the couch and wrestled/tickled each other. I need to replace the rug in our living room (that Stretch chewed) because wrestling on the couch or on the tile floor just doesn't work. We need some space to really crawl on each other.
The other exciting thing is that we sold our Suburban and truck. Woohoo. That was easy. We think there might be a person interested in our Jetta, but we'll see. If the Jetta's gone - we best get a new car!!! Woohoo. So I got thinking about cars - just a little this past week - and I called the Volkswagen dealer in Phoenix and asked about the 2010 Jettas. The report got me excited. The new Jettas are actually the size of the Passat wagons. They are a clean diesel and they claim to have the best emissions, better than a Toyota Prius, and better gas mileage. They are getting results back in the 60 mpg range, but that seems pretty high. I am getting 40 in town in my Jetta, which is pretty good. So the plan is if someone wants to buy the Jetta we have, we can purchase the new Jetta with the money from the 3 cars we sold. That's the part Balin likes. But, if we don't sell the Jetta we're totally happy driving her as we put a lot of miles on her as the primary car.
Anyhoo...I best put my guitar away and get ready for bed. I've been trying to play regularly on the guitar and it seems to be happening. The other day Perrin and I made up a song together - not such a good song, but it was fun to sing together.
Sorry for the lack of pictures. The kids have a Thanksgiving show and pie social tomorrow so I'll be sure to post some pictures from that. Peace -
Comments