Poor Sophie - she's not a morning girl

So last night the kids have Sophie spend the night. She came over after school and the kids were all so excited to play together. They disappeared until dinner time and had hungry appetites, even for the spinach salad I fixed. After dinner we all got on our swim suits and drove 20 minutes to town to go swimming, where much to our dismay, the pool was closed due to "sanitary issues" (swim diapers people!). So, we used our flexibility and got a movie and ice cream and went home again.

The kids asked if they could watch their movie, eat ice cream and sleep in shop. We said yes with a few ground rules in place: the baby monitor is left on and alone, sit on the couch not jump, and please respect each other. We didn't hear much out of them until the movie ended and then it was like.....a wild party in there. It lasted 15 minutes when Balin and I hear through the baby monitor, "Mom, the boys and girls are being really crazy and I'm tired. Come tell them to be quiet." It was Perrin speaking directly into the monitor to make sure we heard her. It was hilarious. So Balin and I went out there, calmed everyone down, got water, helped them go pee in the bushes, and told them good night. Not 5 minutes later they were loud as ever so I went in again and said, "If dad has to come out here then you're all going inside." Sam replied, "Is it okay if our sleeping bags make noise when we move?" Funny little fellow. Following that there was not a peep. Until 6:15 the next morning.

I do have to say that I hate baby monitors. During the night I heard every single cough, peeps, Perrin talking in her sleep, etc. I was up a ton and I seriously don't like it. Then at 6:15am Sam said, "hello, hello, HELLO!" Perrin perked up and started talking and poor Sophie said, "I'm trying to sleep Sam!". They messed around for awhile, when I heard Sam say, "I looked into the house and the lights are on, but no body's home." (A favorite saying of my dad's) Soon, they came traipsing into the house wanting breakfast. And so our day began.

We're heading out into the wilderness to collect boughs for my Christmas wreaths that I make. I decided I either need to make wreaths or get rid of the machine since it's been over 5 years since I used it. We'll see how it goes but Balin is skeptical.

We'll post some photos later.

Comments