Dang it's cold in Sedona

Sam jumping off a log, with some help.
Scootin' across the log....

The kids running ahead of us.

Balin's got really long arms and took a rare couple photo of us.


The red rocks near Oak Creek.

Perrin crossing the raging...irrigation canal.

Little Bear climbing a tree.
Perrin's showing me how dirty she got hiking around on her adventure.

Sam playing with sticks in the irrigation canal.

Dang if it wasn't cold in Sedona today. But then again, it's cold everywhere in the state of Arizona. I guess it is December 6th and it's okay for it to be cold. I've just become a weeny for the cold. I thought that maybe we'd teach the kids how to ski/snowboard, but after today and the wicked cold, I'm thinkin' that doesn't sound like fun. Going to the beach and learning how to surf, now that sounds like fun. Anyone game?

We went to Sedona today after church for an adventure! We had a great time hiking around Oak Creek and found some great swimming holes - for May - October. Sam climbed like a puppy today, anxious to try out his latest Bear Grylls moves in the wild. He's been practicing as much as he can at home lately, from digging great big holes to sleep in to scooting across pipe suspended across walkways in our back yard. Today he got the chance to shimmy across a real log that was probably 5' off the ground - he was gettin' his groove on. At one point I mentioned that, "the path is over here guys" and he answered, "Bear doesn't take paths mom." Yeah right, I forgot. Perrin also went off in her own direction recommending everyone follows her as she knew where she was going, which was up a steep hill with a huge tangle of branches blocking her way. She decided she liked my path idea shortly thereafter. I nicknamed Sam today; little Bear or LB for short. I thought it was better than BB, Baby Bear. He said he just wanted to be called Bear, but I think he needs something a little more original, LB I think might stick. We'll see.
I best go and finish the laundry and get ready for my week. It's supposed to snow up to 6" on Monday/Tuesday, which would be really fun, but I need to make sure I have everything I need for a snow day. Hot chocolate, check. Wood pellets for the stove, check. Food in the fridge, check. A good book - gotta get one tomorrow.

Comments