Update on Judy....

The pain just didn't go away and when the chills started to come I thought, yeah, perhaps I should head to the ER, for the second time. Monday I wasn't feeling good at all and by the time I was fixing the kids lunch, I was in tears. I called my sister and she swooped me and the kids up, dropped me off at the ER and then took care of the kids. My mom met me at the hospital and we proceeded to wait for over two hours, with no help in sight. After sitting there I began to feel better, especially as I watched really, really sick people come in. Interestingly enough I wasn't bothered by their sickness, (except for the poor guy whose arm was literally dangling out of his shoulder in such an unnatural way, that made me just about puke) I just felt really bad that they felt so bad. Hence, in comparison, I didn't feel so sick, so I left.

Tuesday I felt better and thought it was all good. Then I started to get crazy chills, literally chattering, and then I felt like I wanted to throw up. All the while there was a really painful spot on my right side, above my hip. My mom thought for sure it was an issue with my appendix so I did some research and all the info said the same. So off to the ER I went and this time waited to see a doctor. All's good and it turned out to be a wicked UTI (urinary tract infection) and I was sent home with a prescription for anitbiotics, Vicadin and some anti-nausea medication. Feeling better already.
Meanwhile, Perrin has been waking up screaming from a headache and saying her eyes hurt. Poor little thing. So we got her into the doctor and she's got a sinus infection. She's been home all week and has been trying to get better. Tonight she had a 100 temp so I think she'll stay home tomorrow as well. We did go over to my sister's house and pass a lovely afternoon today. Sophie, who's sick also, and Perrin played nicely together in Sophie's room, while Sam, Sue and I went out to her art studio and played. Sue gave Sam a huge block of clay and taught him how to make stuff, he was thrilled. I watched Sue do some potting and played with a lump of clay myself. It was a delightful time and a great way to pass the afternoon. I'm looking forward to many more afternoons with her.
My greenhouse is partially up - the frame and the side walls are mostly up. I have a door and it locks - from the inside if I want it to. :) I can literally lock myself in my greenhouse and not let anyone in there...if I wanted to of course. I'm really quite excited about my new adventure, though I'm trying not to go crazy with the seed catalogs. I'm hoping that I can purchase all my seeds locally so that I can keep things in check. I don't know how many hundreds, if not over a thousand, dollars I've spent in seed catalogs over the last 4 years. In walking around my garden, even in winter, my garden is full and I don't think it needs anymore flowers, but maybe I'll change my tune. Probably. We'll see. I'm just looking forward to being able to play in the greenhouse when it's a stinkin' 40 degrees out, like it is today. (When spring are you gonna come?)
I'm not feeling so hot so I best go. Balin just made me a cup of tea and the dryer just dinged at me telling me to get back to work. At least the clothes line doesn't ding at me when the clothes are done - they can sit out there for days flapping quietly in the wind. Ah spring.

Comments