Brief Update

We just got home from being with my dad all day. My mom called this afternoon and said that the end is near so we best come over. My dad was able to ask for me in particular to pray for him, and so my mom asked everyone except Balin to exit and give us some privacy. Balin and I spent some time praying for my dad, which was really quite beautiful. We focused on the fact that Dad is going to a beautiful place - where there is only peace, joy, love, goodness, kindness. We talked about how it will barely seem like time has passed before we join him in heaven - what an awesome concept. Though the years pass slowly here on earth, being in the presence of God will be like time is standing still. This hope is so encouraging in times like these...

I asked Balin if he would go get my guitar so I could play and sing a few songs for dad. Sadly enough I don't think he'd ever really heard me sing or play. I can count on my fingers how many people really have. My brother was surprised I think that I could do both - he took a video of it. If I get a hold of the video and it's not bad, I might post it. We'll see. It was nice though to sing and play for my family, though I picked "Leaving on a Jet Plane" by John Denver and it made my sister weep...oops, didn't really think about the lyrics on that one. At least she'll now forever remember that song in relation to dad. :)

My dad is still hanging on. He is lucid and awake about 10 minutes an hour and seems to respond and is able to look directly and clear-eyed at people. Our friend Mike Scimeca came today and turned off his defibulator so that when he heart stops working he won't be shocked back to life. What a blessing. We're thankful that such technology exists for it has saved his life many times and prolonged it by years, but at the same time we are grateful the device can be turned off and he can die in peace. We are not expecting him to make it much longer, but he doesn't seem to be giving up his spirit quite yet.

Thank you for all your prayers. We are so appreciative of them. This is an exhaustive journey we're on, but it has been such a beautiful experience. Thank you for walking along side us, both in spirit and in presence.

Peace -
Judy

Comments