That's my dad, the Energizer Bunny. We walked in yesterday to hang out with dad and he was quizzing the nurse on what her goals were for traveling and how was she going to meet those goals. He's back.
After multiple near death experiences, it seems that God is not ready to take Dad home yet. Dad's rallying with surprising strength and mental awareness - he's pretty much like the old dad. He was asking Balin about his upcoming financial requirements for jobs, how he was going to finance, what rate, what his long term goals were....all the things that make my dad who he is. Emotionally, I think everyone is thankful and enjoying these days but we're holding on loosely. It's hard to go back and forth between life and death - it's exhausting actually - I'm sure on Mom and Dad more than anyone.
This experience is continuing to teach me more and more each day about what Jesus says in Matthew 6, "Do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is life not more important than food and the body more important than clothes?....Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?.....therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Can I add an hour to my life by worrying? Can I add an hour to my children's or my parents? Nope, not a second. So today I am choosing to live in today. I am choosing to be grateful and thankful for all things. I am choosing Life, not Death - in regards to my dad, my kids, my husband - in all things I am choosing Life.
So, I am going to go and be thankful for that marguerita that I'll enjoy with my husband on the front porch.
After multiple near death experiences, it seems that God is not ready to take Dad home yet. Dad's rallying with surprising strength and mental awareness - he's pretty much like the old dad. He was asking Balin about his upcoming financial requirements for jobs, how he was going to finance, what rate, what his long term goals were....all the things that make my dad who he is. Emotionally, I think everyone is thankful and enjoying these days but we're holding on loosely. It's hard to go back and forth between life and death - it's exhausting actually - I'm sure on Mom and Dad more than anyone.
This experience is continuing to teach me more and more each day about what Jesus says in Matthew 6, "Do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is life not more important than food and the body more important than clothes?....Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?.....therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Can I add an hour to my life by worrying? Can I add an hour to my children's or my parents? Nope, not a second. So today I am choosing to live in today. I am choosing to be grateful and thankful for all things. I am choosing Life, not Death - in regards to my dad, my kids, my husband - in all things I am choosing Life.
So, I am going to go and be thankful for that marguerita that I'll enjoy with my husband on the front porch.
Comments