Golf on Sunday
















As many of you know, my dad passed on Wednesday the 19th of May at around 11:30 am. He went peacefully and is now at rest. It's really difficult to have him gone, he was such a HUGE presence in my life and in the life of my family. Dad you are sorely missed. We went out to the golf course this morning before church (love having church at 10:30) to pick up the kids' clubs and pitch and putt for a bit. I couldn't help but remember going golfing with my dad. We were (and still are) so bad at golf, but one occasion in particular sticks in my mind. Dad was up at the tee to drive and I was standing to his right some 15 feet away. I wasn't totally in front of him, more like at the side and maybe a bit forward. In any case i was too far forward and he "whacked" that ball and it came and hit me right in the leg at full force. My reaction was, "You SUCK at golf dad! AGHHHHHH!" He started laughing and apologizing. I learned my lesson and will teach my children well, ALWAYS stand BEHIND the person golfing.
It memories like those that make me smile, tear up, laugh. I still can't believe he's not here. There's a HUGE hole where he was was and it's going to take time to fill it in with memories, activities that represent him so that when the hole is filled it will be a beautiful garden of a life well lived. There are few things in my life that my dad didn't impact in one way or another and that impact continues.
His legacy won't quickly be forgotten. He was one of the kindest, most generous men I've ever met and I'm so thankful to have had him for a dad. He taught his lessons well in life and I know they will continue on through his death.
With that said, we are having the memorial this Tuesday and then are heading up to Spokane on Friday to bury him in Elk Washington. I appreciate everyone's kind words and am thankful to have such a supportive network of friends and family during this trying time. I'll keep you posted if we have needs that any of you could help with. Blessings.

Comments