My dad would've laughed

So, Perrin comes up to me yesterday and says, "Mom, I started the car for you. I'm ready to go.". Started the car? What the....? We were going to run errands that morning and I was running around trying to get everything I needed. The kids were, for once, ready before I was and I guess Perrin was anxious to go. "Started the car? Like, it's running?" "Yeah mom, it's on. I thought you'd like that." "Thanks Perrin for helping me get ready, but please don't start the car again, it's dangerous" I said as I was running to the garage. Yes the car was purring away and thankfully the garage door was open. I gave Perrin the lecture about why it's a bad idea to have the car running, especially if the garage door is closed and she said she wouldn't do it again. Yikes.

It makes me remember the time when my sister and I were playing in the car in Spokane. We had an old Pontiac station wagon so we were pretending to drive it in the carport. Our driveway was relatively steep and went right out onto the street, thankfully it wasn't a busy street. Somehow we got the transmission from park to....something where the car started moving. It rolled down the hill and into the street - and it freaked us out! I don't remember if we got a spanking for that one or not, needless to say we didn't play in the car again.

I wonder what adventures will happen today.....

Comments