August 2010 Update

This morning I'm looking out the window to a cloud filled sky. The rains have been wonderful this monsoon season and Prescott is very green. Yesterday it poured rain, filling up the "pond" we have on the property and watering the garden at least a couple of inches down. It's still in the 90's, but it such an enjoyable heat that we barely notice.

Balin is coming home this morning from 2 weeks on the road. He was in Columbia and then in Reno for a presentation. He sounds tired on the phone so hopefully we can get him some rest and relaxation before he heads out again in September.

Yesterday the kids and I went with some friends down to Lake Pleasant. It's a huge resevoir near Phoenix where you can wake board, jet ski and hang out, which is exactly what we did. Our friends just bought a boat so we played all day in the water. The temperature was over 105 but on the boat and in the water, it was perfect. I have to admit that I'm something of a water snob. Growing up in the Northwest, I have a idea of what a lake should look like. Clean, sandy beaches, green all around....that's not what the Arizona waterways resemble. Granted, the desert surrounding Lake Pleasant is stunning, especially with all the rains, but the lake itself leaves something to be desired. But, reguardless of the physical surroundings, the company and activities made the day great and we would do it again in a heart beat.

Meanwhile back at home, we've been busy packing and getting the house ready for moving. Balin's administrative assistant is going to rent our house, along with her 18 year old daughter, and she's so excited. She is a gardener and a lover of being "home", so I'm hoping it's a great fit for her. She's been so helpful with my packing, I don't think I could do it without her. We pack just a couple of boxes a day and low and behold, we're getting the house in boxes. I'm thinking we'll move the 10th of September - which is coming up quickly. Balin wanted to hold off, but he's not going to be home anyway - it'll be all done when he gets home. Thursday I kept track of how many miles I drove - errands, kids to school, gym etc. 70. 70 miles and a good couple hours of my life wasted driving. Yuck.

So, I am looking forward to moving, having Balin home and school on Monday. ;)

Comments