Last Monday was Sam's first day of school and boy was he excited. I think he got up around 5:30am so that he would be ready to go by 7:30. We had gotten his somewhat exhaustive list of school supplies, including a new backpack, and we were off. His teacher is Ms. Janet and she is pretty remarkable. She's been teaching at Skyview for 15 years and has an amazing presence. She makes all the parents want to stay and play all day with the kids - it's so fun. Sam is pretty excited because he gets to take off his shoes and go shoeless in the classroom, drink as much water as he can, and is learning sign language for asking to use the restroom. He's got a "new best friend" named Tate and hasn't complained a bit about having to go to school.
Skyview is on a modified school schedule which means we start school in July, have two week breaks every quarter and attend class from 8-3, 4 days a week. My initial impression of this schedule is great as it made a difference in our pace of life. On Friday, Sam's day off, we planned his birthday party for friends and relatives at Peter Piper Pizza. He had a great time as did his friends and it was super simple for me. Balin was able to be home for the event, which was super nice. Saturday felt luxurious as it rained all day and we had nothing to do and no where to go. I cleaned the kids rooms, purged closests and am getting rid of stuff I don't want to move.
Move? That's right, Balin and I put an offer on a house near downtown Prescott and we are going to be moving. For many different reasons, we decided it was time for us to make the change and we're excited about it. Of course we'll be sad to leave our current house as in so many ways it's the perfect house; home office, greenhouse, gardens, RV barn, etc. BUT, I find that I spend so much time maintaining the house & gardens, which is frustrating. Plus, the drive to school takes 30 minutes one way... So we put an offer on a house last Thursday and it was accepted and hopefully it will close Escrow on the 3rd of September. I have to admit that it is kind of a dreamy house - brick, cedar shingles, wood windows, hardwood floors - yummy. I remember driving by this house before we even lived in Prescott and I said to myself, "I would love to live in that house one day!" A year ago it came on the market and I was so excited, though it wasn't the time to be moving. Now, the price dropped and we're in a place where we want to make the change. We're not sure when we're going to be moving as currently the house doesn't have a garage and we have a lot of stuff, so we'll see.
Best head to bed - much to do tomorrow.
Comments