A few pictures of the house

The kitchen with open shelves for storage.


The pantry didn't quite turn out the way I had hoped but I think it'll be okay. I just put stuff in there to get it out of the boxes. When Balin gets home we'll beautify it a bit with baskets and arranging. Believe it or not Balin is the artistic one in the family, arranging things "just so".


The pantry before.


Our master bedroom. It was an awful dark brown. Now it's blue, not sure it's my favorite color but it will do for now.



This morning is turning out to be a bit brighter and more hopefull. Sam is feeling better, though is defiant about taking him antibiotics - though he accepts it when I remind him of the pain he was in yesterday. Sam and I hung out all day - watched a movie, played train dominos, played legos. Not a bad way to spend the day. He is definitely feeling better, for which I am very, very thankful. Perrin spent the day with Grandma and had a wonderful time. They cooked, watched T.V. and just enjoyed one another. They came back in time for dinner and bed.
We met our next door neighbor tonight and they are lovely. Kate and Ben have a 5 year old Van who seems to get a long just fine with Sam. They also have two dogs who seem to be lovely also. I'm looking forward to hanging out with them a bit more.
The kids are in bed and I'm ready to go myself. More pictures of the house tomorrow - they're not uploading tonight.

Comments