10 days. Fever. Puking. Crying. All coming together in an acute case of strep throat and a double ear infection. Poor little Sammy. We had been to the doctor twice this week and they were not able to find anything wrong with Sam. Today he was in such bad shape I took him to the Urgent Care to find that he had the above infections. After getting a shot of antibiotics, we got Sam a prescription of antibiotics. I didn't quite get the part about give with food - and hence the medicine made Sam sick - throwing up sick. Ugh. Poor little guy.
Meanwhile, I scrambled around to find a place to hide Perrin from the sick boy - but alas it was too late. She was scheduled to go to a birthday party when I thought I'd check her temperature. Over 100. Abort all activities - quarantine the house - we're going down.
Did I mention during this time that Balin is in South America having what he is calling the worst two weeks of his entire career. Yikes. Did I mention that Friday we had old, dear friends from Minnesota come for the weekend? They spent the night Friday, but after coming home from the doctor I suggested that they salvage what they could out of their trip to the southwest and head to Phoenix. They were able to stay at one of the premier resorts in Scottsdale, the Intercontinental, for a great rate - so they took off. I hope they escaped without catching the Strickler plague.
Tomorrow I am supposed to be teaching Sunday school for the kids at church - and I can't find anyone to cover me....not sure how that's going to turn out. Thursday I was supposed to bring snacks for Sam's class - and I forgot - and trapped at home with a sick Sam. I have to tell you, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger right? My muscles are getting more and more defined.
In the midst of all the sickness, I have been able to get some painting done, some boxes unpacked and my pantry finished. I will post pictures sometime later in my life...right now I think I'm going to go have a glass of wine and watch a movie. And sleep.
Meanwhile, I scrambled around to find a place to hide Perrin from the sick boy - but alas it was too late. She was scheduled to go to a birthday party when I thought I'd check her temperature. Over 100. Abort all activities - quarantine the house - we're going down.
Did I mention during this time that Balin is in South America having what he is calling the worst two weeks of his entire career. Yikes. Did I mention that Friday we had old, dear friends from Minnesota come for the weekend? They spent the night Friday, but after coming home from the doctor I suggested that they salvage what they could out of their trip to the southwest and head to Phoenix. They were able to stay at one of the premier resorts in Scottsdale, the Intercontinental, for a great rate - so they took off. I hope they escaped without catching the Strickler plague.
Tomorrow I am supposed to be teaching Sunday school for the kids at church - and I can't find anyone to cover me....not sure how that's going to turn out. Thursday I was supposed to bring snacks for Sam's class - and I forgot - and trapped at home with a sick Sam. I have to tell you, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger right? My muscles are getting more and more defined.
In the midst of all the sickness, I have been able to get some painting done, some boxes unpacked and my pantry finished. I will post pictures sometime later in my life...right now I think I'm going to go have a glass of wine and watch a movie. And sleep.
Comments