Christmas 2010

Did you know that when you're 4&5 Christmas officially starts in the 4am hour?  Yes, the kids were up somwhere between 4-5 this morning as Santa had already come and they were excited to get the morning movin'.  By 9:30am I was ready for and took a nap, as did Balin.  With 4 glasses of Spark (my beloved energy drink) and another nap, I was able to make it through the day.  I seriously took objection to the song which croons, "it's the most wonderful day of the year...".  Obviously he didn't have children that wake up at the butt crack dawn.  To their credit, the kids were kind and pleasant most of the day, though that included Perrin's 3 hour nap this afternoon. 

Before naps though we got the chance to give Stanley his Christmas gift that consisted of a walk in the woods without a leash, in the snow.  The kids took their Santa gifts of walkie talkies and disappeared with the dog.  When we called them on the walkie's and Sam didn't answer nor was he in visual sight, he got a verbal warning and asked to come back into range.  But, he range was non-existent as he forgot to turn on his walkie, which was followed by a brief, but effective, safety/training seminar by Balin.

After naps we headed out to our dear friends the Hammans.  All their children were home and they kindly invited us into their holiday celebration - which included a delicious seafood menage and wine.  Yum.  The atmosphere at Christy's is so delightful I could be there every day.  It is so good to be around friends! 

With that, I am grateful for the day of Christmas which to me serves as a reminder of the truth of Christ.  May you all have a lovely holiday and I hope you get some sleep.





Comments