Next Door Neighbors

Van the man is our next door neighbor.  He's 5 going on 25.  I think he's a really funny little guy, though I don't think he gets it.  He says the funniest things, with a total straight face.  He doesn't smile all that often, but his face has a openness that I find refreshing. 
Sam loves Van.  Yesterday Van knocked on the back door and came in.  He said that he had been here earlier but no one was home and it made him sad.  Then he told me that he was coming over to teach us the Dredel song, since we wanted to learn it.  Good kid.  He sang it for us twice and then was ready to play.  Thanks Van.

This morning the kids ran over to Van's house so that they could all play in the snow.  A short time later, Sam, Van and Stanley were back but no Perrin.  I asked the boys where she was and they didn't know.  I was just about to text Ben, Van's dad, when he called.  He said Perrin's over at his house watching T.V. and he was checking to see if the boys were over at our house.  Yep.  All's good.  I love, love, love having neighbors who are helping to create a lifetime of memories.  I'm sure the kids feel like they've got twice as many toys, twice as many places to play and hopefully twice as many friends. 

Comments