I figure I best update my blog in the beginning as when I start working I don't think I'll busy either too busy or too tired. I am tired. I went to be at midnight local time and woke up around 8am. The kids didn't go to bed until 10 and blessedly got up around 10:30. They are looking pretty tired and when we were hiking today, acted pretty tired. I was proud of myself today as I went to the post office, bought a phone, went to the bakery, grocery store - all in German. It's pretty clear I'm non-native German speaker, but no one dropped into English to me. Not bad for having lived here almost 20 years ago.
Balin hurt his knee yesterday and was pretty much limping around. How many vacatons have been spoiled by Balin hurting himself? So he stayed with the kids while I went ahead and scouted one of the hikes I'll be participating on July 5th. The hike was pretty much a straight shot down and it was pretty steep. I made it down in a couple of hours having scouted the route I was going to take Balin and the kids on towards Stechlberg and the hike we'll be doing around the 8th of June.
The area we are staying in, the Lauterbrunnen Valley, is famous for the waterfalls, low valley with a river running through it and huge mountains with glaciers soaring from the valley floor. I thought that the kids could walk a couple of miles on the valley floor to the falls near Stechelberg, which they did albeit with much grumbling. The morning was pretty wet and rainy, but by mid afternoon it was muggy and hot. The children barely made it to the restaurant where they rewarded with a chocolate torte and a berry torte that was amazingly good. Coffee, hot choco, 2 pieces of cake and a sprite came to $28. Nice. That's why we came home and had noodles for dinner with bread and butter.
I'm super tired tonight so am heading to bed shortly. Hope all is well in the States and I would love to hear anything ya'll are doing. Much love- Judy
Balin hurt his knee yesterday and was pretty much limping around. How many vacatons have been spoiled by Balin hurting himself? So he stayed with the kids while I went ahead and scouted one of the hikes I'll be participating on July 5th. The hike was pretty much a straight shot down and it was pretty steep. I made it down in a couple of hours having scouted the route I was going to take Balin and the kids on towards Stechlberg and the hike we'll be doing around the 8th of June.
The area we are staying in, the Lauterbrunnen Valley, is famous for the waterfalls, low valley with a river running through it and huge mountains with glaciers soaring from the valley floor. I thought that the kids could walk a couple of miles on the valley floor to the falls near Stechelberg, which they did albeit with much grumbling. The morning was pretty wet and rainy, but by mid afternoon it was muggy and hot. The children barely made it to the restaurant where they rewarded with a chocolate torte and a berry torte that was amazingly good. Coffee, hot choco, 2 pieces of cake and a sprite came to $28. Nice. That's why we came home and had noodles for dinner with bread and butter.
I'm super tired tonight so am heading to bed shortly. Hope all is well in the States and I would love to hear anything ya'll are doing. Much love- Judy
Comments