It's been a while...

Sorry it's taken me so long to update my blog...sheesh.  It represents life I guess right now.  Here's a brief, I hope since I want to go to bed, update.


  • Sam graduated from Kindergarten to First grade!  He's reading well, writing and his favorite class was art this year.  Lucky for us, since we are a charter school, we still have art & music teachers.  Prescott elementary's will no longer have music or art.  Very sad.  Next year Sam will be in a combined 1/2 class and have Ms. Emily for a teacher.
  • Perrin is an official kindergartener and she is super excited.  She is also going to Skyview and will have Ms. Janet (the same teacher Sam had).  I'm looking forward to having them on the same schedule.
  • The guinea pig died.  Yes and I think that I might have had something to do with it.  I was trying to make his life a little more interesting than sitting in the same ole' cage everyday - so I put him outside in a swimming pool filled with sawdust.  It was fine for weeks and then the other day the kids said he was dead.  Bummer.  Kind of.  We had been asking EVERYONE we knew if they wanted a guinea pig and NO adult consented. (Though every kid we asked wanted him and begged their parents.)  He's now in heaven with the collection of other loved people and animals. :)
  • We went to a Phoenix resort for 2 nights the other weekend.  It was delightful and restful and a good time was had by all.  I love hotwire.com  You can find all sorts of great hotel deals for really cheap.  It makes vacationing that much more fun.
  • Balin said he wanted to see a list of all the projects I have half finished.  I am not to start a new project until that list is completed.  I'll show him....I never wrote the list. :)
  • Dogs are good and growing.  Yogi is huge and furry.  We were down on the square the other day and we saw the BIGGEST Bischon Frise ever, as big as Yogi!  I quickly scooted up to her and asked what kind of dog she was and found out she was a Goldendoodle - just like Yogi but looked nothing like him.  She was soft and fluffy and I kid you not looked like a Bischon.  I guess if I took Yogi to the cleaner on a regular basis he'd be nice looking too.  Now he just looks like Fraggle or Alf the Alien.  Whatever. I've got other projects to do.
  • Kids and I went to a friend's house last night in Mesa.  We hung out by the pool, went out for dinner, played around.  Perrin's comment regarding Phoenix was, "I could so live here" sigh.  She and I are cut from the same cloth and we like it warm.
  • Speaking of warm: we are preparing ourselves for a road trip North along the coast and I have a sneaky suspicion that it's going to be cold.  We're packing our fleece and our coats and we're heading to the coast.  Balin is actually able to come and we're all looking forward to 7 days camping and seeing the wonders California has to offer.  I'm sure I'll be blogging about that.
  • We're also getting the final arrangements done for our trip to Switzerland.  The details of life without mom are pretty exhaustive but I'm slowly working through them.  I'm positive I'll forget something but I'm sure everyone will live and adjust.  We're all looking forward to the trip - and again  - even Balin gets to go for about a week.  Woohoo!  He has such a great way of making everything more fun - I'm very thankful that he's able to take his work with him and do it in various places.  It's such a blessing.
That's all I can think of right now for an update.  Bed is calling me as tomorrow promises to be another full day.  Keep posted and hopefully I'll be able to post along the way.

Comments