A rainy, foggy day that was enjoyed by all.

Today I got up, dressed, curled my hair (I got a very small curling iron that works great) and headed out to run my errands.  I walked to the Metzgerei (butcher) then to the Co-op (grocery store) and then headed to the Baeckeri (bakery).  I got fresh, yummy, locally made food and headed home to make something yummy for my family to eat.  I love it that everything is so close that we can walk and be there within 10 minutes - great with the kids!  I have to say that we let the kids go to the park by themselves the other night.  They had walkie talkie's on.  They had a blast being on their own and I was excited to let their leash out.  People here are very trustworthy - crime is non-existant and people are polite and curteous here.  We are aquaintences with the inn owners next door now, who have children 2,5,14 and they are happy to have the kids come over and jump on their trampoline any time.  People leave bikes unlocked and sitting off the main road way - no one takes anything cause there's no easy way to get off this mountain. Train, cable car or a very steep down hill.  So cool.

At about 3pm we took the vernicular train up the mountain to Allmendhubel, where there's a great view, if it's not cloudy, and a children's wanderweg.  The kids played at the playground and then we started walking back to Murren.  Along the way we went on the zip line (at least 10x's each), saw a fox closeup, and played on various playgrounds along the way.  It was pretty cool and it was a great family time.

Afterwards I went out to a field of flowers and started to identify them and take notes.  It was very fulfilling for me as many of the flowers are similar to the Pacific Northwest - on steroids.  I felt like a piece that I had given up in Arizona had rebloomed and was being fed.  So bucket filling.  I was able to create a list of about 20 plants and will continue to collect names and knowledge about the areas plants.

Tomorrow we're borrowing the Alpine Hiker's car and heading to Kandersteg to do some research hikes.  Balin is going to take the kids to the lake near by to go paddle boating while I scout out the trail nearby.  I'm looking forward to it.


Comments