The kids left for home today

Rainy day after another rainy day.

I have to admit that I haven't done life well the last two days.  Being cramped in a small apartment with small children has it's moments of pure bliss and joy, but then moments of losing it - especially when the kids start to bicker.  Two days ago Perrin and Grandma went up to Allmendhubel to hang out with friends, but Sam didn't want to go.  I stayed in the apartment with Sam and we read, drew and had a really nice time.  We should have gone outside though cause once the rain/snow came we were couped up inside for the next 35 hours.  All went okay on Tuesday but then Wednesday came.  The kids were doing pretty well but Sam was getting cabin fever and it was pouring outside.  So I encouraged them to make the living room in the apartment a fort, which they did and they had a great time.  They watched a movie under the fort, had lunch, played puppy.  It was good...and then it wasn't.  Luckily we headed down to Mark and Di's for Greek Night (She's a full blooded Australian Greek), which was absolutely lovely.  The kids played ate, the adults ate and drank - it was really fun and relaxing and just what we needed.

I have to be honest friends.  International living and traveling is not easy with small kids.  It has a lot of benefits but let me be clear here, it's not easy.  I can't help but have sympathy/compassion on my sister who took her two preteen boys and 3 year old Sophie to China for a year.  They lived in a tiny apartment and were practically on top of one another.  For a year!  You're amazing Sue and I apologize if I don't tell you that more often!

The kids are off tomorrow and I'm sad already.  Though at the same time I know it's time for them to go and get into their own routine.  I'm just sad.  Perrin is sleeping with me tonight so I know I won't get much sleep.  We're taking Troy's car tomorrow to Zurich, for which I am thankful.  It'll be nice to get everyone there in one piece and get back again.

A picture of the fort the kids made-  they were actually in it most of the day.  Not a bad way to spend the day.

 
Next day.....Thursday
The kids left today and I have to admit there is a literal cloud that hangs over my heart.  It was sad to see them go and difficult to not be going with them.  I have 35 days until I go home and I'm hoping that they are worth the cost.  I am praying that this time will be a chapter in my life that will forever be remembered not just because I saw some great scenery, but more so that I embraced difficulty and grew from it.  I am confindent that my prayer life will increase and I will find my strength in Him.  I am hoping to walk daily in the moment and not wish this time away, which in itself is a great discipline I need to learn.  Every moment and all that it entails.

I just returned from Troy's for dinner with his family.  We talked over what I am going to be doing through August 6th.  Please pray for me as I am a little nervous.  I am heading into the French part of Switzerland where I'll be in remote mountains staying hut to hut.  The passes are pretty big, going over glaciers and the like and for the first week I'll be by myself.  Layla and JJ are going with me for the first two nights and then I'll be alone for about 4 days.  I'm hoping the weather is good and not snowing....please pray for me as right now I'm not sure about all this: leaving my family to hike up 5-6000' passes by myself when it might be snowing.  But I'm going to breathe, pack and then go to sleep.

Comments