Open Air Museum in Ballenberg

Today we headed to Ballenberg via train and bus to visit the Swiss Open Air Museum, which is a couple hundred acre area where buildings from  all over Switzerland were torn down and rebuilt in this museum. It's pretty amazing.  Many buildings are from the 1500's, which is unheard of in America.  Pretty cool but boy was it a hard life for farmers and most people.  Nothing like have your cows and sheep living in the next room from you - I guess it helps keep you warm but I'm not sure I could put up with the smell. :)

The kids did pretty well.  Sam melted after lunch and didn't recover until dinner.  He is getting homesick and is ready to head back to Prescott.  He misses his fish he says.  Hmph.  Fish?  He barely feeds the poor thing but I guess it represents his room which is understandable.  Perrin did great today and I think really enjoyed herself.  Grandma is getting tired too I think.  School starts on Monday and I think everyone is looking forward to it.  A little routine and space for everyone is good.

I am tired today.  I slept with Perrin last night which is a bad idea.  She woke up in the middle of the night and started talking.  She went back to sleep immediately and I stayed up for 2 hours.  Ugh.  So I'm tired and the kids are tired and it's not looking good.  Grandma is reading the Hardy Boys book #2 and I'm going to take a bath.  Good night friends.



Comments