Sandra and her family arrived the other day - thank goodness. On Saturday night I got online and looked at the reservations I had made for the Reyes family in Paris for the 28-30th. I called the hotel and they said they had no mention of the Reyes family. AGH! What, How, When???? Balin said call Ben and get Sandra's phone number. I didn't have Ben's phone number. Great, now what? I decided to give Sandra's phone a call but it probably won't go through. But it did! I was so bewildered I asked, "Who is this?" She responded, "Who is this?" Finally we figured out who we were and low and behold Sandra and family were in Lauterbrunnen. Almost here. I ran down with Perrin to the cable car and helped the Reyes clan get to our apartment. We were now a family of 8. Whew.
We hung out with the Reyes' on Saturday and got them acquainted with town and how things work. We showed them the way to the zip line and played all day. The next day Balin and I took advantage of their presence and headed to Rockstockhutte and then to the Sefinnenfurgge pass. Whew - 12 miles and a lot of uphill. It was gorgeous and Balin and I enjoyed long talks and each other's company.
Monday Balin and I got up early and headed to Obersteinberg, which is a mountain hotel at the base of glaciers and waterfalls. It was gorgeous but a huge uphill - huge. The sun was out and it was just gorgeous out. We headed down to Stechelberg and met up with a whole bunch of Americans at a bed and breakfast, where we celebrated the fourth of July. JJ and Mark played the guitar and the fiddle while Troy barbequed. We played lots of games with the kids and had a great time. Truly an old fashioned fourth and memorable indeed.
Sadly Balin had to depart last night for Zurich, where he spent the night and left for Phoenix this morning. He said that next year he will get a Blackberry with international access and will work from here so that he can stay longer. That would be great. He was able to get into a great rythm, working in the early morning and again at night, when people in the states were awake and available. The main portion of the day was off line as it was the middle of the night in the states. It worked great. Hopefully work will allow him to do that next year.
Today I'm off on my first 10 day excursion. The laundry is being done - though a simple load of wash, just the wash, takes, I swear, 2 hours. My bags are packed, the children are happy and I'm ready to go. I won't be blogging until I get home so I'll sign off.
Pictures will come later as they take forever to upload.
We hung out with the Reyes' on Saturday and got them acquainted with town and how things work. We showed them the way to the zip line and played all day. The next day Balin and I took advantage of their presence and headed to Rockstockhutte and then to the Sefinnenfurgge pass. Whew - 12 miles and a lot of uphill. It was gorgeous and Balin and I enjoyed long talks and each other's company.
Monday Balin and I got up early and headed to Obersteinberg, which is a mountain hotel at the base of glaciers and waterfalls. It was gorgeous but a huge uphill - huge. The sun was out and it was just gorgeous out. We headed down to Stechelberg and met up with a whole bunch of Americans at a bed and breakfast, where we celebrated the fourth of July. JJ and Mark played the guitar and the fiddle while Troy barbequed. We played lots of games with the kids and had a great time. Truly an old fashioned fourth and memorable indeed.
Sadly Balin had to depart last night for Zurich, where he spent the night and left for Phoenix this morning. He said that next year he will get a Blackberry with international access and will work from here so that he can stay longer. That would be great. He was able to get into a great rythm, working in the early morning and again at night, when people in the states were awake and available. The main portion of the day was off line as it was the middle of the night in the states. It worked great. Hopefully work will allow him to do that next year.
Today I'm off on my first 10 day excursion. The laundry is being done - though a simple load of wash, just the wash, takes, I swear, 2 hours. My bags are packed, the children are happy and I'm ready to go. I won't be blogging until I get home so I'll sign off.
Pictures will come later as they take forever to upload.
Comments