No more Haute Route for me this year!

Finished up the Haute Route tour yesterday in Zermatt.  Whoohoo!  That was a good 2 weeks of high passes, rain, sun and snow.  There's something about hiking a really difficult trail and knowing, "I don't have to do this again till next year".  It was also nice to have our guests for a week and also nice to say good bye to them.  After a week with people you pretty much know what you want or need to know about them.  Of course their probably tired of Troy and myself also.

We stayed in Zermatt for 1 night at a inexpensive "adult hostel".  We stayed in the dormitory, which is basically the attic with bed after bed after bed.  I slept in between Troy and a Korean guy, while I listened to someone snore LOUDLY down the row.  I'm not sure I'm a fan of the dormitory style - except for the price, which is really cheap.

Yesterday we headed to Chamonix to meet the next group of people who are going to be hiking around Mt. Blanc.  There are 11 guests and 2 guides and 6 nights.  They are going to hike a few days around Mt. Blanc and then take a taxi over to Italy and spend a couple of days hiking there.  I on the other hand, head to Murren again today, after checking out the town a bit, and will start a tour on Tuesday.

Not much else going on - hope everyone is enjoying their summer.

Comments