After 20 hours of trains, planes and automobiles I made it home. Whew! Balin and the kids met me at the airport Monday night around 10:30pm where we kissed, hugged and hopped in the car for the remainder of the journey. It was sweet to see my family!
Getting home was fun - Yogi is huge! He's like a horse dog creature! Stanley was happy to see me and it was so nice to sleep in my own bed - for 3 hours. Jet lag wasn't pretty and I was awake half the night, though I got up and peeked around the garden, talked to the dogs, read a book and generally enjoyed being home.
This week I've been just doing laundry, hanging with the kids at school, meeting up with friends and enjoying wonderfully warm weather. (95 is just the right temperture!)
Tomorrow we're throwing a party for all our friends at the local Liquor Deli and we're hoping to see a bunch of people we haven't seen in months.
This weekend we've got a few plans and then we're just hanging out as a family as Balin has to head to San Diego the following weekend.
It's so good to be home. I've got so many fun things to do this fall - I'll keep you posted!
Getting home was fun - Yogi is huge! He's like a horse dog creature! Stanley was happy to see me and it was so nice to sleep in my own bed - for 3 hours. Jet lag wasn't pretty and I was awake half the night, though I got up and peeked around the garden, talked to the dogs, read a book and generally enjoyed being home.
This week I've been just doing laundry, hanging with the kids at school, meeting up with friends and enjoying wonderfully warm weather. (95 is just the right temperture!)
Tomorrow we're throwing a party for all our friends at the local Liquor Deli and we're hoping to see a bunch of people we haven't seen in months.
This weekend we've got a few plans and then we're just hanging out as a family as Balin has to head to San Diego the following weekend.
It's so good to be home. I've got so many fun things to do this fall - I'll keep you posted!
Comments