A Fall Update...

Wow - next week is Thanksgiving.  Where the heck did Fall go?  Let's see; got back from Switzerland. Started construction on Juniper Drive.  Lived through construction at the Park House. Went to Disneyland with Balin's family. Balin out of town for most of September.  Fall Break. Stayed home and hung out.  Spoke at the Young Life banquet.  Continued construction on Juniper Drive and the Park House. Started a Missional Community group at our house with 15 people. (google Missional Community)  Had 50 people over for Halloween party and trick or treating. (Thinking it'll be an annual tradition.) Started a boy scout troup - I told them I wasn't a leader but I don't think they believe me.
Planned on hiking Grand Canyon - got snowed out - went to Scottsdale instead with a friend.  Spent the night with Balin in Scottsdale.  Went to Williams to Young Life's Lost Canyon camp to be a head leader with Balin and 7 other friends.  Landscape Park house - construction still happening at Juniper Drive but now a January 1 deadline in effect due to my sister's imminent divorce and need of housing. (yes - it sucks and it's stressful for everyone)

So there's a recap of the last two months.  I didn't even mention the Yikes factor of coming home to a red fence around my house and yard.  (It's brown now, thankfully!) Or my mom's moving her household down to Sun City West - or getting a new puppy.  Oh yeah, forgot about that.  Last night I was up twice with Daisy - she was squeaking a toy in the middle of the night.  If it was a signal for needing to go to the bathroom I don't think I got that.  I spent 2 hours today cleaning up pee stains from her...nice.  No More Dogs for the Stricklers!  I do have to say that Yogi and Daisy are the best of friends and will play for hours together.  Daisy has taken to sleeping on Yogi and it's adorable. 

The kids are doing well.  They're growing, reading, having a zillion playdates, riding bikes, hiking - doing great. 

Balin is home this week but I suspect after Thanksgiving I won't see him til Christmas.  He's loving his work and is so excited to do what he's doing.  I'm genuinely happy for him and thankful that it pays the rent. :)
 I think Sam was in charge of Stanley on a leash - it didn't go well.
 Perrin golfing over fall break.  Sam did great hitting a bucket of balls.
 Van and Sam on the white spot hike.
An afternoon at the lake with friends Oliver and Van

Not sure why all the photos came in sideways - sorry - as I can't seem to find the fix. 


Comments