Heated floors, oh yeah baby!

I woke up this morning to the usual woof! at 5:00am but something was different this morning!  I went downstairs in my jammies and to my wonder and delight, my toes were warm!  Woohoo! It works, the radiant floor heat works!  After a year of freezing in the winter, $250 electric bills year round and three visits from the heat/cooling guys, our floors work!  It makes me happy to be warm.  Inside, outside, warmth is what I love.

I literally gave thanks to God for warm floors.

Then someone left the gate open and I heard Yogi barking from the front yard.  I called Yogi and some guy walking by (who Yogi was barking at) made mean faces and acted like he was going to hit Yogi.  Yogi came to my call and I said a loud, sarcastic "Thanks for helping" to the guy.  Then I muttered, "you're not invited to the party - meanie."  I'm not very nice sometimes.  But I guess when you're being barked at by a huge, shaggy carpet you too might think you need to be aggressive.  Obviously the guy walking past didn't know that Yogi is just a big teddy bear.

I am throwing a party though and I'm not going to invite that guy.  We're doing the missional community thing at my house every Sunday from 5-6:30.  I've invited a lot of our neighbors and people are either just being superficially nice or they actually are going to come and hang out.  I hope the latter happens.

Meanwhile, this morning we're off to Lowe's to do some exchanging and drop offs and then we're going to putz around the house for the day.  We're headed off to Peter Piper Pizza with friends and then everyone's going to the 6pm church service.  What a great day.  Oh and did I mention it's supposed to be 60 today?  :) 

Comments