Look there's Daisy

So we went on a lovely hike on Sunday.  We took all the dogs, the kids and headed up the road 10 minutes and found a trail.  We walked and walked, chatted, found a stream - played in the stream.  Found and played in snow.  After about an hour we turned around and started back to the car.  The dogs were running here and there, happy as could be.  We got to the car and I wiped 12 pairs of feet before they climbed into the car.  We got the kids in the car, parents - check.  We headed down the road with high expectations of a lovely Sunday drive.  Not 15 minutes later the "no gas" light went on and Balin said, "We better turn around".  Grr...."Balin," I said in my nicest but irritated voice, "next time you get in the car for a Sunday drive, please be observant and make sure we have enough gas."  So we turned around and headed back down the way we had come.

10 minutes later we passed this little yorkie dog on the side of the road, near a trailhead, and Balin and I both said, "Coyote Bait".  We kind of laughed and kept driving. (We figure his parent was at the trail head.)  Not two minutes later Balin declares, "Look, there's Daisy".  She was walking towards us on the road.  I looked in the back and asked, "is Daisy with you guys?" "No," replied Perrin, "I thought she was with you mom".  Obviously not.  Oops.  I opened the door grabbed her and we kept driving down the road.  Balin and I just looked at each other, laughed and thought it was rather strange.  Good thing we know where are kids are...oh wait let me go check on that. ;)

Sam and Stanley in the van.  Stanley won't sit on the ground in the van, he likes to sit on the upholstery and get his fur everywhere.  At least he looks happy. 

Comments