Sam's 8th Birthday Party

Sam's 8th Birthday Party

We celebrated Sam's birthday as a family on Monday, his actual birthday by having a dutch baby for breakfast, treats at school and going out to dinner at the local Sushi bar.  But what Sam really wanted was a party at his house with his closest friends.  So that's what we did.  He invited 9 of his friends for a   party Thursday night.  Balin cancelled his plans for being out of town (thank you Balin!), which was so huge!  We picked up the kids after school, headed home for snacks and then went to the bowling alley for a competitive game of bowling. (I don't know if the kids are supposed to bounce the balls down the alley...) Afterwards we headed home for pizza and playtime.  The kids LOVED playing in Sam's new fort and the bounced between it and the trampoline.  At one point I was inside the fort cleaning up some of the food remnants when I decided to get rid of the water in the pitcher by throwing it on a kids head. They retaliated and I defended my position with another cupful of water.  Sam headed for the fire-hose and started spraying everything.  They demolished any hope of my staying dry while dousing everyone in site with a strong force of cold water.  Balin ended the battle with Sam but not before he was drowned himself.  


With the evening approaching we popped the kids into the hot tub for some warming up.  Afterwards we sat outside, lit a fire and sang "Happy Birthday", ate cake (the tuxedo cake from Costco is amazing!) and opened presents.  From there we moved down below to the "Hammock House" where we had an outdoor viewing of Rin Tin Tin.  Everyone enjoyed the ambiance and Balin and I enjoyed the boys being quiet for an hour and a half.  Everyone was packed up and out the door by 10:15pm.  This morning Perrin asked me why no one spent the night and I smiled and said, "because I like the quiet after the storm."


Comments