Ok friends and family, there is a high chance that I will be coming back to Hawaii. To play, to live - love, love, love it! There's surfing, there's boogey boarding, hiking, warm weather, but the clincher in all of it is the food. You can grow avocados and strawberries right along side oranges and limes and spinach. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! Seriously. If I could live where water was abundant and I could be warm all the time, plus surf in the morning...let's go!
We are having a great time and truly appreciate the family time together. My mom showed up last night and was knocking on our door this morning wanting coffee. Believe it or not the first day in Hawaii is kind of rough for us Arizonians due to the time lapse. A nap and a early evening is the standard but a morning rise around 5am. It's tough people, but we're up for it don't you worry. The best part about getting up so early is getting an early 3 mile walk in. S. Kihei road is crazy come 8am as all the vacation runners and walkers (I'm in that number) are out in full force. It's like a freeway out there on the sidewalk - so it's best to get out early.
I love staying in Kihei by the way. It's flat, there are sidewalks, bike lanes - it's clean. Clean. I can't say how much I appreciate cleanliness these days. To go to the beach and have it pristine- I so appreciate it! I have to say it's expensive here but the infrastructure is so worth it - roads, trash collectors, stores etc. I do love Mexico but boy, it's nice to have infrastructure.
Today we spent our day at the beach boogey boarding and playing in the sand. Sam could spend all day floating on the waves whereas Perrin is a born snorkeler. She's perpendicular until she's got her equipment secured and then BAM - horizontal girl and she's off. She's pretty fast with her flippers...
Yesterday was her birthday and I think she had a great time. She was treated to Panda Express for lunch and dinner, orange chicken and rice please! She and Sam decided they're chickaterians...they eat chicken and vegetables. Nice. With her new found love of snorkeling, we drove to the nature preserve past Wailea and went snorkeling. Balin and she found lots of turtles and colorful fish, while Sam and I scooted along and enjoyed ourselves as well.
Currently I'm feeling like I'm still in the ocean so I'm going to post some pictures and get another drink. Hope you enjoy! Aloha!
 |
| On our way - Hello Kitty along for the ride. |
 |
| A stop into Krispy Kreme's where Perrin found she wasn't that fond of donuts. |
 |
| Getting ready for a day on the beach. |
 |
| We spied lots of turtles on this trip. |
 |
| Going Surfin! |
 |
| Nothing like a Hawaiian Sunset! |
 |
| I had to take a picture showing chivalry is not dead. |
 |
| On the inflatable boat going snorkeling. We saw tons of whales, some as close as 20'. |
 |
| First day on the beach near our condo - castles and waves. |
 |
| Balin was very "engineery" intent on building his sand castle on a cliff. And very disturbed when some kid knocked it down. |
 |
| Sam doing an impression of Yogi in the water. |
 |
| A day trip to Lahaina and the other side of the island. It was definitely colder and more lush here. |
 |
| Who knew there were actual vines you could swing from - so cool. |
 |
| Perrin snorkeling - or actually being towed by dad. |
 |
| Lahaina for ice cream - the coconut ice cream is to DIE for. Seriously. |
 |
| The large Banyon tree at the center of Lahaina - it took some strength and diligence to get three scoops! |
 |
| An old fort made out of coral block from the 1800's. |
 |
| Getting ready for the surf! All systems go! |
 |
| He doesn't see it coming.... |
 |
| BAM! |
 |
| He was eaten and spit out of the surf, but he survived with just a few tears. |
 |
| Grandma and Perrin could sit and watch the ocean for hours as they ate local Maui strawberries. |
 |
| Sam loves playing in the waves - he literally could do it for hours. |
 |
| Good job Dad - keeping an eye on your children is always a good thing, especially when mom's got the camera and can't go out to rescue. |
 |
| Handsome! Yum! |
Comments