| Yogi's excited for the first day of school as that means regular walks in the woods! |
The mug shots above are from the first day of school. The kids were up by 6:30 and excited to start a new year of fun and adventure. I made them pose in the garden and front porch but Sam didn't give me quite the smile I was hoping for!
Sam is currently enjoying 3rd grade, and if you were to ask him he'd be sure to tell you that he's in 4th grade math and english! Perrin is enjoying being in 2nd grade with all her friends and this year she joined the girl scouts with all her girlfriends! She loves it! Sam is taking drum lessons with my djembe, and dang that kid is pretty good. I think it says a lot about his teacher Carlos cause he's catching the groove of drumming pretty quickly.
The other day I asked Sam to practice his drum for 15 minutes and he said in a whining voice, "do I have to?" Lucky for him I had just done my budget - using "You Need A Budget" (which is amazing and I'm loving) and I had budgeted for his lessons. I told him if he wanted to take drum lessons I would pay him $5 to practice 15 minutes and he needed to do that for 5 days to earn the $25 to pay Carlos. If he didn't practice that wasn't a problem as he could take the money out of his wallet to pay Carlos every week. I haven't heard much complaining about practicing. ;)
With school underway we are looking forward to our visit with Grandma and Grandpa Strickler in a couple of weeks and then off to Switzerland.


Comments