Spokane in the fall

After getting home from South and Central America Balin and I had to run up to the Pacific Northwest, for some business.  Lucky for me my dear friend Christie Hamman came along as her daughter is a senior at Whitworth. (btw, I'm a HUGE fan of Whitworth as the character that is developed in the students is amazing - every Young Life kid that has gone there has turned into these AMAZING people).  Christie had been to the South Hill before, but never to the Japanese garden.  Oh. My. Gosh.  Fall in Spokane is amazing - breath taking actually.  The Japanese garden is a place of my childhood, where my sister dared me to go into the pond and get all the change out of the bottom.  Yeah - the pond is slimy and slippery and I fell on my butt and got totally soaked.  Ahhhh, memories.






From Spokane we came home and hung out, going to school, running errands etc.  Last weekend I challenged the kids to get their homework done and then do some chores.  They were rock stars and got every thing done!  I heard more, "what else can I do to help mom?" than ever and it was so much fun.  That night we headed back to school for the Fall Festival and ended with a couple kids coming home for a sleep over.  Saturday was great as we headed to FSR office and weeded and raked leaves.  Then it was to Twin Oaks and got a whole bunch of stuff to put on eBay and craiglist - which is such a cleansing activity.  What doesn't sell in a week goes to Goodwill. Good bye stuff!

With all that work behind us, we headed to the Great Hole in Arizona loaded down with a picnic and our bikes.  We had beautiful weather in the Canyon and rode over 12 miles along the rim.  The kids were pooped but happy.  








Comments