Meet Ms. Emily. Sam's first grade teacher from Skyview. You can tell by this surprise shot, that she's just lovely. It's true she is.
We ran into her at the Park Plaza Liquor Deli last week. As we chatted it up, I asked her where she was living and what she was up to. She was living with some friends down the street from us and she was going back to school and teaching outdoor education at a nearby camp.
Pop! I had a great idea!
So I asked Emily if she would be interested in swapping housing in our guest house in exchange for helping me out with the kids.
She said, "Heck Yeah!".
So here's Emily's new bedroom. Above our Garage!
It's only week one but it's so AWESOME to have her. She's babysat twice and had the kids for "school" once this week. I love her! And so do Sam and Perrin. And I think she really likes them too. Every time Perrin sees her she wants to attach herself to Ms. Emily. Emily says the kids are golden with her - we decided it's because she's an authority figure and they're used to having her in the classroom, which is a lot different than just a regular babysitter.
I'm so grateful for Ms. Emily. Truly.
Not only does she like my kids but she likes:
And that's good because while we're gone she is their new best friend. Yogi and Stanley get to pack their beds and toys up and move upstairs with Ms. Emily while we're gone. Yogi is just like Perrin in that when he sees Emily he attaches himself to her.
Everyone loves Ms. Emily.
We ran into her at the Park Plaza Liquor Deli last week. As we chatted it up, I asked her where she was living and what she was up to. She was living with some friends down the street from us and she was going back to school and teaching outdoor education at a nearby camp.
Pop! I had a great idea!
So I asked Emily if she would be interested in swapping housing in our guest house in exchange for helping me out with the kids.
She said, "Heck Yeah!".
So here's Emily's new bedroom. Above our Garage!
It's only week one but it's so AWESOME to have her. She's babysat twice and had the kids for "school" once this week. I love her! And so do Sam and Perrin. And I think she really likes them too. Every time Perrin sees her she wants to attach herself to Ms. Emily. Emily says the kids are golden with her - we decided it's because she's an authority figure and they're used to having her in the classroom, which is a lot different than just a regular babysitter.
I'm so grateful for Ms. Emily. Truly.
Not only does she like my kids but she likes:
And that's good because while we're gone she is their new best friend. Yogi and Stanley get to pack their beds and toys up and move upstairs with Ms. Emily while we're gone. Yogi is just like Perrin in that when he sees Emily he attaches himself to her.
Everyone loves Ms. Emily.



Comments